Author Topic: Great day at Kanaha  (Read 1711 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Great day at Kanaha
« on: November 14, 2008, 05:26:39 PM »
Wow (ouch) great day. glassy (ouch) with occasional big sets (ouch) everyone and their brother out, (ouch) though it was pretty empty at 6:30 (ouch). Stayed glassy till almost noon when I left for lunch (ouch). then it got a little windy but it was wonderful, waves (ouch) were super nice, left at 3:00 (ouch) I pretty much hurt everywhere. Ouch.

Beer, shower, and Ibuprofen.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Byronmaui

Re: Great day at Kanaha
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 07:40:13 PM »
Any crashes? What was the body count? Did you see if some dude fell on a prone surfer cause I heard it got a little crazy. I heard it was nuts so I stayed indoors.

Aloha

Byron

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 09:27:30 PM »
Many, many crashes. In one of the bigger waves I think two thirds of the people paddled to catch it--it looked like malibu after Gidget, and the wave munched 'em all. Boards everywhere, I saw two Naishes go straight up in the air like yellow Polaris missles. Wild and whacky.

I didn't have the nerve or skill to go from the pocket, but I watched bill foote go though what looked like a minefield of folks and not only did he not touch one, he did pretty much exactly what he wanted to do in the wave. Giant slalom, Maui kine.

speaking of elegant, I always thought our Admin, Randy was a pretty darned good surfer, but after eight month away I gotta say the guy has added some amazingly stylish moves. He's downright graceful and fun to watch.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 06:39:47 PM »
Sounds like fun...wish I was saying ouch.

All this talk of great waves is killing me. We keep getting forecasts that look good a couple days out then one or two days before it turns sour. I need to get the 12-6 refinished fast so i'll have the goto board for the nasty choppy windy days we've been having. We get one day of decent waves and then two weeks of either flat or blown out chop.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Tree

• Sunset Status
  • $BLA BOYZ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 07:55:16 PM »
Sounds like fun...wish I was saying ouch.

All this talk of great waves is killing me. We keep getting forecasts that look good a couple days out then one or two days before it turns sour. I need to get the 12-6 refinished fast so i'll have the goto board for the nasty choppy windy days we've been having. We get one day of decent waves and then two weeks of either flat or blown out chop.
         Quit yer bitching, at least you'll be able to hit it when it comes. I get out of work and get 45 minutes of sunlight in which to hit it.  ;) Nah but could be a sick downwinder tommorow how about it?

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 07:01:27 PM »
Hehe...I know...I bitch and then get a great session while everyone else is working. I should bitch more often... ;)

I gotta stay local tomorrow...and we are actually supposed to have some waves in Plymouth...a little choppy but I can't miss waves at home. Taking out my 11-2 and 10-6 tomorrow. Likely too choppy for the 9-8.

I probably won't do any downwinders until the 12-6 is refinished...mid December I'm hoping. I'd definitely want all that glide.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal