Author Topic: Important lecture for guys  (Read 3917 times)

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Important lecture for guys
« on: July 31, 2014, 04:52:59 PM »
Totally unrelated to SUP, but important scientific knowledge to have...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_yj-ZNi9DI

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Important lecture for guys
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 05:28:52 PM »
Something he overlooked was there are scalar functions of two variables with points in their domain which give a particular limit when approached along any arbitrary line, yet give a different limit when approached along a parabola. He was discussing particular limits along arbitrary lines, but they were really all varying parabolas. 
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 06:13:33 PM »
Yup, and much too static. He's ignoring the quantum chromodynamic aspects of the issue whereby any woman with any combination of attributes can appear at any other point and all points, simultaneous. Under examination their characteristics resolve into a wave function and disperse.

Furthermore the speaker violates Babcock's Second Law: Never take advice about women from a guy wearing something on his belt.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 08:01:39 PM »
Yeah, he really hands it to himself, because it would probably actually take him about 400 years or so of experience to actually assemble a reasonably accurate chart. Short of that, understanding women is an exercise in frustration, and women work hard to keep that way, it is their biologic mission.

Also, as he said, women are capable of travelling through quantum wormholes to occupy the 10 crazy spot in a completely random manner no matter how much stochastic sampling you may do around the 5 crazy spot and below.  There is no safety and no shelter as far as that goes.

However, you can try to develop a strategy for the 10 crazy times, like have a bolted fallout shelter stocked with lots of your intoxicants of choice and a big screen TV, and somebody on the outside to inform you that the storm has passed.

In spite of himself, he makes an excellent case for dating trannies. He probably shouldn't go there too often, especially if his stochastic sampling becomes a bit frustrating.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:04:14 PM by SUPcheat »
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 09:07:06 PM »
In spite of himself, he makes an excellent case for dating trannies.

Wow, I totally missed that. You're right of course. I'm suddenly enormously pleased to be so happily married.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

hbsteve

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 09:12:34 PM »
I haven't watched the video yet.  But, if I got the basic idea of the discussion, this might be example #1,002.  My wife and I leave the house to go out to dinner.  We agreed to get Mexican food.  But, on the way she decides we are going to eat Japanese food instead.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 09:29:33 PM »
Given all the instability and unpredictability of women, there is a constant. XX chromosome. You don't ever ask Y. 
It's not overhead to me!

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 09:18:11 AM »
No, hb, there's a huge difference between random and crazy.

My wife is solidly in the unicorn territory, cute as the dickens and much less crazy than I am, but she has a staggering potential for random. For years she was capable of getting ready to leave as quickly as I do--and when I decide to do something I generally stand up and walk out the door, forgetting nearly everything I might need in the process. Her purse was about the size of my wallet but she always seemed to have what she needed. Then one day she suddenly turned into the kind of person that wanders away to do seven "last things" while I'm standing at the door waiting to be let out. And her purse is like a pink steamer trunk and apparently contains nothing that she will ever need.

peterp

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Mostly for guys - non-sup: The Hot/Crazy Matrix
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 09:22:57 AM »
I wish I had seen this one sooner....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_yj-ZNi9DI

peterp

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly for guys - non-sup: The Hot/Crazy Matrix
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 09:25:08 AM »
Apologies - I see PDX beat me to it!

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 09:52:52 AM »
Maybe the purse contains a defibrillator and a derringer:  because she can never decide if she wants to kill you or save you.
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 10:06:50 AM »
My wife was listening when I watched this video and is now mad a me.  I think she was especially mad because I was laughing. 
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 11:15:39 AM »
Maybe the purse contains a defibrillator and a derringer:  because she can never decide if she wants to kill you or save you.
That reminds me of a guy I knew who had a pit bull/collie mix dog.  It would bite him, then run for help.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 12:30:33 PM »

A buddy of mine suffered a heart attack a few years back. He was lucky, and quick response brought him back to us in his full annoying glory. He carries an AED in the trunk of his car now, just in case. We always joke about how he intends to use it. Maybe he should put a bumper sticker on his car that says 'AED in trunk. If you see me slumped over at the wheel, open my trunk.' He should probably leave an Ipad in his trunk with a video on how to use an AED.
It's not overhead to me!

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 04:14:24 PM »
"I have developed this on my own over 46 years of living on the Earth"

Which begs the question, where did he spend his other 12 years? 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal