Author Topic: RRD board review? Thinking about getting a 7'11" Super V2 classic  (Read 6132 times)

psusurf

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
I have the opportunity to buy a RRD, but I have never seen one in person nor do I know anything about the boards.  I have been looking for something in the mid 7' range, and this seems like it will fit what I am looking for.  31" wide.  Does anyone have any experience with these boards.  Seems to be a lot of info on windsurfing and kiting, but not on SUP.  Any input would be helpful.  Thanks.

Core Adventure Sports

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • www.coreadventuresports.com
    • Email
Re: RRD board review? Thinking about getting a 7'11" Super V2 classic
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 12:47:50 PM »
I windsurf so I'm very familiar with RRD boards (Have 2 of them).  I bought the RRD Wassup 11' x 31" wood, for personal use (SUP, surf and WindSUP) and its a great board.

Can't help you on that particular size you're looking at, but from a build point of view, they are beautiful.

It gets a lot of attention on the beach and it has a very good weight to build ratio, I would buy RRD again.

14 West

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 11:49:17 AM »
I had a 9'2" x 28" RRD diamond wood a few years back that had a great shape but the crappiest construction ever. Glass was absent in some areas. I had to basically throw it away.  The board looked nice though.

In contrast I have an RRD 91l FSW windsurfing board that I beat to piss, it takes it, and I love it.

Conclusion: keep your fingers crossed.
Don't forget to bring a towel!

JimK

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Big Guys can have fun too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 01:11:03 PM »
I think the 2 previous post make my point Some RRD's are great and some really ----! And warranty just doesn't happen
That opinion comes from running a shop for 21 yrs...take it for what you will

JimK

jarvissup

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 03:56:31 PM »
I've have surfed both the 8'11" and the 7'11" super sup's and they are very good.  I have friend's that have both and they are fast down the line, and turn very well.  They put my old Starboard 8'10" wide point to shame.  The super sup's are a good construction and hold up very, very well. They are totally different than the EPX construction that RRD uses on their Wassup line, that construction is a little brittle. If you can find a nice deal, go for it.

SUPladomi

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 05:46:31 AM »
I've had a chance to surf the 8'11 and I was able to catch the smallish mushy waves so it has good speed. A friend has the 7'11" and it is fast and makes nice turns. It also seems to handle steep drops well on the bigger days that are head high.

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 03:00:07 PM »
I saw a 7'11" for sale on Distressed Mullet down in North Carolina mint cheap!
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

nala12

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 06:23:44 PM »
if you're still considering: 1st outing-Pretty decent really, took it out saturday in semi-clean and very stable for my stats (6'1,165).  Beautiful board, turns on a dime and caught waves that I probably would not have on my C4 9"0 waterskate.  Bit of rocker on the lip which was nice with low tide drainers..

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal