Author Topic: Soliciting Input: 2012 Imagine Rocket 12'6" vs 2012 YOLO Predator Narrow 12' 6"  (Read 1312 times)

Land_by_sea

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Hello Everyone - I'm soliciting input from the vast experience of this board.  I'm in the process of transitioning to a displacement touring/racing type board (mainly for personal training and maybe light racing).  Stats: 6'2", 175 lbs, intermediate skill.  All my experience has been on a planing board (11'4", 29", 4-1/4'').  I paddle about 90% in flat water (bays, inlets, intercoastal, Gulf of Mexico) with a few "ocean" excursions a year.  I'm limited to 12'6" due to storage issues.  I have found 2 used boards that appear to be in good/great condition.   

2012 Imagine Rocket 12'6" x 27" x 8" - Imagine advertises this board as "all conditions" and based on photos and discussion with owner appears to be in great shape (practically new looking).  My concern is the 2012 model is listed at 191.4 L (this seem right?) and would that volume be an issue.  I've read these boards are very durable, which is important to me, but can't seem to find many reviews.     

2012 YOLO Predator Narrow 12' 6" x 27" - This board also appears to be in decent shape (not quite as good as the Imagine, but still good).  I've read this board is very slippery and doesn't handle chop very well.  I'm aware that YOLO makes a good product but have some concerns about durability. 

There is about a $200 difference between the 2 boards.  Any feedback anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated!   

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal