Author Topic: Airhead Super High Air Pressure pump for iSUP's  (Read 3975 times)

overthebars

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Airhead Super High Air Pressure pump for iSUP's
« on: July 27, 2014, 02:03:04 PM »
Any of you tried this pump?
I was going to buy the Bravo High Pressure 12v pump, but the 15 psi max inflation is a deal-breaker (my Fanatic Air can inflate to 22 psi). My Bravo HP hand-pump works well, but inflating my wife and I's SUP's is a PITA.
This new Airhead Super High Pressure 12v pump allows you to set the pressure to 20 psi and walk away, as it shuts off automatically at your pre-selected pressure. 20 psi is usually where I run my Fanatic.

http://www.amazon.com/AIRHEAD-AHSUP-A022-Super-High-Pressure/dp/B00JS1R4KG/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1406494312&sr=8-15&keywords=airhead+pumps

Bycyclist

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Re: Airhead Super High Air Pressure pump for iSUP's
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 02:14:19 PM »
I just ordered. If it's not any better than my existing electric I bought from ULI, I'll return it. My current electric pump inflates my ISUPs at a rate of about 1PSI per minute and does seem to top out at 15 psi, although I lose patience at about 10 and just hand pump the rest of the way.

overthebars

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 05:09:44 PM »
I'm with you Bycyclist. I'm ordering one too, and hopefully we'll have some good news to report back to the Zoners. I'm going to get mine from Amazon, because they have an awesome return policy for Prime members.

Bycyclist

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 09:14:37 PM »
Exactly! Amazon prime is a great hassle free way to try stuff out!

Bycyclist

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Airhead Super High Air Pressure pump for iSUP's
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 01:44:51 PM »
I just sent mine back. It started out great on my starboard astro 14 - getting up to 12 psi in about 6 minutes. I had the top end limit to shutoff at 18psi. However, it got to 15psi, then stalled out and started to lose air. I saw it go all the way back down to 8 psi before giving up and going to manual pump.

Thinking it was a fluke, after getting home, I tried it again set to 20psi for my Red Race. This time it stalled out at 6 psi. After 12 minutes, I gave up.

Sticking with the pump I got from ULI. It's slower than I would like, but it is more robustly constructed (95% metal instead of plastic like this one) and is consistent at getting up to 12-15 psi. Pumping up from 15 isn't too bad with a HP pump.

Fail. Next?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 01:46:50 PM by Bycyclist »

joshtbuff

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 01:51:55 PM »
I was waiting on the review for this. I was hoping it would work as advertised. Thanks for coming back for the update.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal