Author Topic: Big Guy paddles  (Read 7448 times)

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Big Guy paddles
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2014, 05:05:28 PM »
Chuck is a talented stud, no doubt. He also a super nice guy. Friendly to all.

Thomas Maximus is another animal paddler who uses a 120 plus paddle. This guy is a work out machine.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 05:28:59 PM by TallDude »
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

TallSUPer

• Waikiki Status
  • I paddle, therefor I am...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2014, 08:22:07 AM »
110 QB Kanaha. (6'4", 235)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 12:14:15 PM »
Bill just gave me his Konihi when he left so I'm going to see where that fits in. I'm hoping what I felt in the short 10 mins I paddled it translates into less strain on the shoulders for the CCBC. My biggest problem the last two crossings was shoulder pain, couldn't even lift my left arm for a couple days after last year. I think one of the things that big guys have to consider more than smaller guys is joint damage, particularly as we get older. I'm going to start training with a Konihi on an xtufS. 20 miler planned for next weekend so that should be a good test.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

WernerPaddles

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 02:56:19 PM »
.... I'm not familiar Kialoa's or Werner's ability to do extensions?...

TallDude,

Werner currently does not make extensions, but we can make a 1pc straight shaft paddle up to 90".
Ultimate Paddle Performance is Werner Paddles Mission... and Promise to You.

BWilliam

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Mongrel Combative Arts
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2014, 04:40:38 PM »
Thanks for all the replies/suggestions folks! 8)

Didn't pull the trigger yet on a new paddle but will do shortly. I'm leaning toward a suggested KeNalu Ho'Oloa 95 Elite (Elite Shaft & Ergo T), though a Werner Grand Prix (F or M) 1000 straight shaft is running a close second.

Wasn't on my radar but I got to handle a Slater Trout "Catch & Release" carbon/kevlar Race today. Very light and didn't feel bad at all. I can't find a lot about them on-line other than ST is kicking some azz with it this year. Not that that really sways me at all about it. Nice looking paddle but I prefer to throw my money at something made over here when I can (just my personal preference, no slight on the quality of the paddle).

Will

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2014, 06:33:11 PM »
Nice looking paddle but I prefer to throw my money at something made over here when I can (just my personal preference, no slight on the quality of the paddle).
http://www.kialoa.com/

BWilliam

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Mongrel Combative Arts
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2014, 01:18:36 PM »
Nice looking paddle but I prefer to throw my money at something made over here when I can (just my personal preference, no slight on the quality of the paddle).

So, are you saying go Kialoa, or that paddle is made by Kialoa? :)

Will

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2014, 07:38:49 PM »
So, are you saying go Kialoa, or that paddle is made by Kialoa? :)
Will
  Yes, go to Kialoa but that is just their homepage. I look down at my paddles and they have a little flag on the handle near the blade that says MADE IN USA. I kind of like that too. Many/most of their paddles are, some are just assembled here. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal