Author Topic: old Mistral Competition - boom to mast connection  (Read 4117 times)

Jud

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
old Mistral Competition - boom to mast connection
« on: July 20, 2014, 02:55:09 PM »
How do you secure the boom to the mast?  A friend gave me this Mistral Competition about 10 years ago. It must be 30-40 years old. I use it  one week each summer in New Hampshire and leave it in a basement in Connecticut the rest of the year. I live in Virginia.  So somewhere along the line, I either lost a crucial piece or forgot how to secure it. The last two years, when trying to use it, I've tied the boom to the mast with the small lines available. I get in the water, I pull up the boom and the mast  holds for a few minutes , then the wind forces the boom up or down.  Any ideas? Many thanks.
Jud

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
Re: old Mistral Competition - boom to mast connection
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 04:42:25 PM »
Rope tie on type?

One end of rope to boom head, then line wraps around mast many times, then attaches to boom again. All done with boom parallel to mast. Then when boom swings up, it all tightens on mast.

I'd have to actually see one again to remember more.

Jud

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 07:02:55 PM »
thanks. I definitely did not have them parallel when first tying them together so will do that next time.
Jud

Jud

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 07:53:55 PM »
to see  photos of this Mistral there's one in a Jan 2012 post titled "Looking for info on old Mistral windsurfer" or you can copy/paste the following Standup Zone linkgo to http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php/topic,14588.0.html  to get there
Jud

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal