Author Topic: Upgrading to inflatable... Help me decide  (Read 7332 times)

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
Re: Upgrading to inflatable... Help me decide
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 01:33:05 AM »
Awesome deepmud, looking good!
Robert Stehlik
Blue Planet Surf Shop, Honolulu
Hawaii's SUP HQ
http://www.blueplanetsurf.com

overthebars

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 07:57:17 AM »
How about the Fanatic Fly Air Touring 12'0" (2014)? If I'm not mistaken, the retail price is under $1,200. I don't have personal experience with any inflatable, but Jim K. (he's here on the boards) knows all things Fanatic and can likely get you the best deal around.

Got a hold of Jim (very helpful guy) and did a bunch of research and ended up with a Fanatic Fly Air premium 10'-8" with included threaded sail insert  :)

Awesome board for the money... I love the fact it can be inflated to 22 psi. Here is a pic of us testing it out in the pool before its maiden voyage to the lake. I put in 19 psi and the thing was hard as a rock... it didn't even flinch with my 225 lbs. and it moves across the water very easily.

Now for that sail.....

joshtbuff

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 07:02:02 AM »
I can 2nd the Red Race suggestion. I went on a little tour on Tuesday with a pack strapped to the front and my dog walking all over the board. It was nice and stable.
The Explorer will be a bit more stable and allow you to carry more, but the Race has the battens that add stiffness.
The 2014 Race also has tie downs in the front.

What size dog do you have? I am 6' 155lbs with a dog that weighs about 45lbs. So I am always looking at boards that are a little wider. I have considered the 10'6 Ride and the 12'6 explorer and race. I was just afraid the race wouldn't be stable enough for me. The dog can get pretty active on the board. I also only paddle in lakes and flat water generally.

paolosup

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 01:09:47 AM »
How about Naish One? I like mine!
14ft Naish Javelin GX X28; Naish One

AGK

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2014, 07:36:53 AM »
I can 2nd the Red Race suggestion. I went on a little tour on Tuesday with a pack strapped to the front and my dog walking all over the board. It was nice and stable.
The Explorer will be a bit more stable and allow you to carry more, but the Race has the battens that add stiffness.

What size dog do you have? I am 6' 155lbs with a dog that weighs about 45lbs. So I am always looking at boards that are a little wider. I have considered the 10'6 Ride and the 12'6 explorer and race. I was just afraid the race wouldn't be stable enough for me. The dog can get pretty active on the board. I also only paddle in lakes and flat water generally.

I got the 12'6" Red Air Explorer, and happily my dog far, far prefers it to hard boards -- it has really made paddling with her way more fun for both of us. I'm 180 lbs and Della is about 65 lbs, and the Red Air lets her walk all around the board and still lets us both avoid falling (most of the time).  Compared to my previous inflatable (a C4) it is way better made and way more stable.  I'm quite happy with it and would make the same purchase again.  I'm sure the Red Race is great as well -- this one is just a bit wider for an active dog.

joshtbuff

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2014, 07:51:49 AM »

I got the 12'6" Red Air Explorer, and happily my dog far, far prefers it to hard boards -- it has really made paddling with her way more fun for both of us. I'm 180 lbs and Della is about 65 lbs, and the Red Air lets her walk all around the board and still lets us both avoid falling (most of the time).  Compared to my previous inflatable (a C4) it is way better made and way more stable.  I'm quite happy with it and would make the same purchase again.  I'm sure the Red Race is great as well -- this one is just a bit wider for an active dog.

Thanks for the response. It helps to hear from people with a similar situation.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
foiled again
Today at 08:00:16 PM
post Re: Sunova Ghost 8'10 SUP
[Classifieds]
kliss99
Today at 05:01:39 AM
post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
PonoBill