Author Topic: Happy 5th of July  (Read 2841 times)

supthecreek

Happy 5th of July
« on: July 01, 2014, 02:59:40 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
Re: Happy 5th of July
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 03:18:06 PM »
Where would we be without storms. I love weather, water and waves.

Bring it on!

Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

NorthJerzSurfer

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 05:41:49 PM »
setting up real nice for Long Island......of course I will be in NJ with all my gear  :'(

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 06:47:33 PM »
Creek southern RI ? or Cape ?

I'm thinking southern RI extra early Sat am and maybe cape later in the day.
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

supthecreek

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 02:48:38 AM »
I'll be at a huge party Saturday night at the "Hobo Hut" on the Connecticut River... so I'll be stopping along the way  ;D

Great weekend to be traveling anywhere :o.... I'll be at the beach before the sun comes up.

Garmize

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 09:02:19 AM »
So I read this forum often but rarely post.  I went out here on the Jersey Shore the Saturday after Arthur passed and it was a memorable and depressing experience all at once.  I checked the whether that Saturday morning and there was some good waves left over early that morning.  So I woke up early grabbed my son and headed to the ocean.  It was much fun.  I am a novice/ beginner and have a 10' Naish Mana.  It was interesting catching waves this strong with a bigger board, but doable.  My son (whom will only use a surfboard) and I were having a great time.  Then I caught a head high wave, was able to shoot down the line for awhile until the white water engulfed me and my board.  I was able to lean back in time for the wave to reform and was riding a bit more when bam fin hits a freshly formed sand bar and over the top I went with the board somewhere in the air above my head.  Luckily it didn't hit me.  After we were finished I was putting the board on my truck and I so a large crack on the rail where the front rocker starts.  I was like that sucks, then I looked at the other side and realized a had put a major buckle in my board that was hanging on by the pad.  This is when the depression set in.  Now i am waiting for my board to be fixed and totally jonesen to paddle surf again.  So read this forum to keep the fire alive.  Now I am thinking that I would like to try an 9'1" Allwave from all the great reviews I have read on this forum.  I usually try to demo before I buy to understand if the board works for me.  So I will now go on the hunt for an 9'1" or 9'2" Allwave.  I am 185 lbs and in decent shape, the one thing I wish I could do when I am surfing is the ability to turn down the wave a little easier.  I can pull it off with my current board but I have to have just the right condition with all my weight leaning in the direction I want to turn.  I don't dare going to high on the wave as I can't flip the board back down that easy, but would love to.  It is most likely my lack of ability not the board, but I am thinking a board with more maneuverability might help.  Anyway I thought I would share my story as I wait for the verdict on my current board.  I am hoping the shop can bring it back to life in the interim.   
8'8"    Cannibal Blade - 118L
8'11"  Allwave - 150L
10'0"  Mana - 210L

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 10:20:01 AM »
Great to have you on board!

Two key words, Jersey and Allwave makes me think you need to speak to Jim K at Extreme Windsurfing (just outside AC).

Did we just hijack this thread? ;D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 10:21:40 AM by Bean »

supthecreek

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 02:34:35 PM »
Hey Garmize.... I concur with Bean... JimK will probably be able to hook you up with a demo, answer any questions you might have... then give you the best deal possible on an Allwave. I am from Cape Cod... but I have bought 3 Allwaves and a Prowave from JimK (not to mention a Cabrinah 10'4)

I have more faith in the durability of the HRS construction, than any other board. All my Allwaves and my Prowave are HRS. They are TOUGH.

I always felt that the Allwaves surf better and easier, than any of the other super stable boards.

Here is a link to my review of last years 8'10 Allwave

http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php/topic,20552.0.html

Garmize

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 08:50:18 AM »
Thanks for the info guys.  Sorry if I hijacked. 
I just felt like telling my story to folks that probably have gone through the same or similar issues at some point.  Not always a lot of love out there for SUP surfers.  Although it is starting to get more respect lately, at least where I live.
8'8"    Cannibal Blade - 118L
8'11"  Allwave - 150L
10'0"  Mana - 210L

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal