Author Topic: camp pendleton  (Read 9861 times)

kayadogg

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: camp pendleton
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 09:52:27 AM »
I have a Ripcurl 4/3 Large (might actually be a tall) that has only been worn once that I would sell.  If you still need one, let me know.

hbsteve

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 10:00:38 AM »
Water temps. at Huntington Pier 69-71. San Clemente should be close to that. 

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 10:23:45 AM »
I prone surfed a few days ago with just a vest, and I was hot. Yesterday I SUS'd Church with trunks only, and I was hot. The closeouts felt good.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

supsurf-tw

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 10:53:11 AM »
So I am getting ready to start the trip down to so cal. I am getting all my stuff together and Putting in the RV. I go to take out my oneill mutant wetsuit and I see that there is 2 big holes in the shoulders, and they can not be fixed. The suit was small on me any ways. Now I need to get a new suit by Friday. Any one down in the San Clemente area have a suit they want to sell me. I need a size large or large tall. What is the water temp like down there right now?
  No wetsuit needed
Boards:

8-10 x 31 Egg
8-11 X 32 Double wing Fangtail Tom Whitaker
8-6 X 30 1\2  Inbetweener Tom Whitaker
8-4 x 30 Hyper quad Tom Whitaker (wife's now)
8-4 X 31 1\4.  Round (wide) Diamond Tail Quad Tom Whitaker
 9-4 X 30 1\2. Swallow Stinger Quad Tom Whitaker (ex wifes now)
10-0 Brusurf for teach

Skate

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2014, 07:47:35 AM »
Well I am on my way down there. Before I left I broke my 8'6 surfboard. I was getting it out of storage and the nose of it was bent in half. Looks like something fell on it. So now it looks like I'm going to buy the best board ever made a " wavestorm" lol. It cheap and it what I can afford right now. I guess I could rent a board.

Skate

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2014, 07:15:44 PM »
Here is a few pics for my trip. I had a blast down there. I sus churches 2 of the days. It was much harder than I thought it would be. I prone surfed the rest of the time. I rented a board for Stewart surfboards. Got a redline 11 it was a 9-0. Great board. I am all ready planing a trip back down there in November. Staying at camp Pendleton is amazing. Right on the beach, clean camping spots. It does get really crowded on the weekends but who cares.

The Kernel

• Sunset Status
  • Dana Point, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2014, 11:16:35 PM »
Skate:

Glad you had a great experience at Camp Pendleton.  It's a gem of a place for many reasons, with two fun surf breaks as two of the more important reasons.

StandinDan, SanoSup, and I hit the DMJ's break on the south side of Pendleton today (just north of Oceanside) and had a blast in an fun beach break with crystal clear water.  SanoSup almost got barreled, StandinDan got a rockin' left off the jetty,  and a pod of dolphins came through as well.

For those who can get on military bases, these are some of the less crowded spots in SoCal.  Never expected this as a fringe benefit when I went into the Corps 24 years ago and my reserve status keeps that magic govt ID/surf pass in my wallet.

Next trip is to use the military ID to check out Point Mugu, where I heard that in the past, some local surfers have gotten jobs at the Subway sandwich shop just so they can get a base pass and hit the waves there.  Now I know what the guy making my meatball hero may really be thinking about instead of my order.

If anyone has a SUS report from Point Mugu please sound off!
Kernel:  Cutting through the bull**it.
"This is the kernel of the argument."

Over 50, but usually pushing it like I'm 25 and paying for it later.

8'0 L41 Simsup
9'2" T. Patterson Rising Sun
9'2" Riviera Nugg Turbo Carbon
10' Riviera Machete

Gramps

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2014, 07:17:01 PM »
Do they have a special pass for those of us who survived Parris Island in the 60's?  ;)

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2014, 07:34:22 PM »
Do they have a special pass for those of us who survived Parris Island in the 60's?  ;)

Or getting tear gassed at UC Berkeley in the late 60's?
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

The Kernel

• Sunset Status
  • Dana Point, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2014, 09:44:11 PM »

Gramps:  That's good enough for me.  If you're down this way I'd be honored to take you on base to surf as my guest.  Semper Fi.

SUPcheat:  Any 60's tear gas experience may enable you to skip gas chamber qualification if you decided to enlist.  At least that's what I've heard the recruiters are saying.

For the record, there IS a Subway sandwich shop on Camp Pendleton.  If someone were truly a hardcore SUS'er, slinging meatballs would at least get them on base. 
Kernel:  Cutting through the bull**it.
"This is the kernel of the argument."

Over 50, but usually pushing it like I'm 25 and paying for it later.

8'0 L41 Simsup
9'2" T. Patterson Rising Sun
9'2" Riviera Nugg Turbo Carbon
10' Riviera Machete

Gramps

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2014, 07:38:26 AM »

Gramps:  That's good enough for me.  If you're down this way I'd be honored to take you on base to surf as my guest.  Semper Fi.

SUPcheat:  Any 60's tear gas experience may enable you to skip gas chamber qualification if you decided to enlist.  At least that's what I've heard the recruiters are saying.

For the record, there IS a Subway sandwich shop on Camp Pendleton.  If someone were truly a hardcore SUS'er, slinging meatballs would at least get them on base.

Kernel,  Thanks! for the kind offer.  I'd love to take up both you and SanoSup on your invites; time to make some plans.  Semper Fi.

Skate

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2014, 12:51:29 PM »
Screen grab from my trip. Any one know who this is. I took a few pics of him. I will post more when I download the rest of them.

StandinDan

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2014, 01:14:24 PM »
Pretty positive that's Chris Hamm. Great surfer, great guy. Local,, San Clemente firefighter and a member of our city council.

Socalsupper70

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2014, 04:37:10 PM »
yeah looks like Hamster-good dude-Hobie guy.
he shreds
HE>I.com
Instagram- @supjuan

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2014, 04:41:38 PM »
It's Chris. He's a church regular. He rips it too.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal