Author Topic: Challenge on the Charles 2014 - July 19th  (Read 6330 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: Challenge on the Charles 2014 - July 19th
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2014, 12:33:16 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it single. I've actually been telling folks the party was pretty low key compared to years past. A big part of the crew couldn't make it this year and they were mostly the crazier ones...chaser included... ;D. You can respond to any of Mike's (chaser's) emails from the event or if you want to post them online somewhere you can just share a link. We'd love to see them. I have to do the same with my pics. If you think you're ready (next time introduce yourself, always happy to meet fellow zoners) join us for the CCBC or if not come to the party anyway. That's a blast too.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2014, 10:15:17 PM »
The party was much lower key than previous years, but I still toasted my knee dancing. Good thing I'm lined up for getting it juiced tomorrow, I didn't think it was going to unkink when I tried to get off the plane tonight.

Nice week on the right coast. Bob and I did the Paddle to the Point on Saturday as well. The shoulder is coming along well. The biggest problem is that if I fall I have to get back on the board with one arm, and then lurch to my feet one-armed too. I look like a gaffed seal.

Both races were fun, and both had fine after parties. The left coast could learn a thing or two about that. I can't think of a west coast event that has an after party worthy of the name. Last year the Rambos hosted a SUPER party at their house the day after the BOP, but that's wasn't a general thing for all the attendees, though it was huge.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 04:05:46 AM »
Well I love that dirty water!

I've spent a lot of time in it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal