Author Topic: Mid repair & need help  (Read 1488 times)

SupTrip

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mid repair & need help
« on: May 06, 2014, 09:36:30 PM »
I'd really appreciate a little guidance here....

Basically I've reassembled two halves of a starboard all-star that i had to cut in half, this is my first adventure in glass work and im at an impasse. 

I've relied on posts here & board lady's website for advice up to this point. I've  glued the eps together with gorrilla glue, bevel ground all layers, and reconstructed with like materials, bagging each step. 6oz glass, H80 & h50 divinycell, carbon fiber, then went overboard with the fairing.

Now I've got to finish it. I was set to prime it with some stuff i had leftover, omni m282 primer, and ppg delfleet single stage urethane.

But I'm wondering if i can "seal coat" it with some pigmented epoxy & pigment? This would be much easier, because I wont have to spend a day turning my garage into a paint booth, and it would make touch ups a lot easier in the future.

I dont even know if this will work, and even if it does will it cover the different colors

Having trouble adding photos from ipad. Ill revise tomorrow.

supuk

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Mid repair & need help
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 12:17:03 AM »
you wont get a solid colour easily with just pigmented resin unless very thick. take it out side preferably out the wind and just throw a rattle can at it with lots of thin light coats and maybe finnish with a clear, job done and almost invisible.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal