Author Topic: Grumpy Buggah  (Read 1946 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Grumpy Buggah
« on: April 22, 2014, 01:48:27 PM »
This is what the wind looks like on the north shore this morning. Keep in mind those whitecaps and swells mowing west are three miles away. Diane said "are you in a bad mood." to which I calmly replied "No, dammit, leave me alone!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KETjGC4l7w8
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Cardiff Sweeper

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Grumpy Buggah
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 03:14:58 PM »
Isn't that a good direction for downwinding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 06:15:39 PM »
You could always be nice to the crew and provide shuttle service, pupu's and beer.....at least get to talk story and hear how awesome it was...... ;)
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

covesurfer

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 11:04:48 PM »
Stoney's on to something.....

I shouldn't even tell you, Kathy and I goaded each other into a double today. Did the 10:30 and 1PM shuttles. Had two smokin' runs with really fine conditions. It was mostly NE with minimal groundswell. You could get into every single bump and while it was still a Maliko, with plenty of challenge as far as not being smooth, it was also lined up really nicely. I had my two fastest runs ever, even though I fell in at least 5 times on each run.

I'm thinking about another double tomorrow if the wind cranks like it did today. Then rest for M2M.

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 10:24:10 AM »
Now that's rubbing it in.  You're a cruel dude Cove.  Obviously you've been hanging around with a bad crowd.

covesurfer

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 11:18:29 AM »
Now that's rubbing it in.  You're a cruel dude Cove.  Obviously you've been hanging around with a bad crowd.

You're right. I apologize. Guys I been hanging out with are a tough crowd. But look, PB shot that video from his back yard, he's torturing himself looking out at that view all the time!

On the bright side, I've got a great gift for PB when he gets back in the water and I won't give it to him unless the crowd is there, including HM and Southbay.

Just a single run today for me @ 1pm. I'm thrashed from yesterday. They're gonna have to drain all my blood and reinject it, not just my shoulders.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 11:25:04 AM »
Oh, gee, just a single run. Cry me a fricken' river.

Wind looks pretty light today. I'm going to take my SIC Ku Nalu over to the south side and get some exercise. I can feel myself swelling up. There's something about inactivity that makes me hungry.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal