Author Topic: Hobie 8'11"x30 raw vs Jimmy Lewis 9'2" Stun Gun vs Jimmy Lewis 9'1" kwad???  (Read 9985 times)

kayadogg

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Jarvis,  I'm similar height and weight to you... I rode Creek's Hobie 8'11 last weekend and I forgot how stable it is.  I was on the east coast for a few days and hadn't been in a wetsuit (especially full gear) in months so I wasn't sure how I was going to feel paddling out in cold, windy conditions.  That board is ridiculous.  Paddles very fast, VERY stable with the extra width and still is very loose and fun on a wave.  I keep telling Creek that I'd like to buy it since I need a board to keep on the east coast but for some reason he just refuses to sell it  ???

Ake G

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Cinnamon Rainbows is also a Jimmy Lewis dealer... I saw a Black and Blue up there a few weeks ago, but didn't notice any Stun Guns...call and ask if he has sold any.

Jarvis... PM me when you are going... I'd come up with my RAW  to compare boards and hopefully hit up Ake G for a look at his Prowave while I'm there.

You may be giving my bulkiness too much credit on the Phoenix end.... here's a picture of me sinking my 8'11 x 31 RAW

Creek just give me a head's up will do my best to be around!

All this "small n' narrow" board talk has got me thinking the 9'6" Prowave will have way too much float for you  ;D

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Dat Creek buggah, he under water!
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

supthecreek

Thanks Ake ... I will let you know....
And don't worry about the 9'6 being to big for me.... just look at the pic again.... underwater standing at the handle, is no way to go through winter :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal