Author Topic: North Fla GoPro Session  (Read 1853 times)

tde

• Sunset Status
    • MSN Messenger - Timellispv@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
North Fla GoPro Session
« on: April 16, 2014, 08:36:10 PM »
Fun session at the North Jetty a few weeks ago! It warmed up and first time in a spring suit this year  8)...and first time using a GoPro with a deck mount (the ultimate vanity ::)!)... Boy, the GoPro sure makes the waves look bigger and better than they really were!! Still, a fun little session!   Tim http://youtu.be/KyNbqocvjp8

supthecreek

Re: North Fla GoPro Session
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 03:20:52 AM »
Thanks Tim.... that was fun. I had been told that the JP rocker was tough in mushy stuff, but your surfing made it look just fine. What are your board stats?

There are so many boards that I have never seen in the North East... it's good to have a Zoner vid to check them out.

tde

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 10:54:05 AM »
I'm riding the 9'2 JP Surf Pro. It's 30 inches wide.... very light (about 17 lbs), fast and responsive. I'm 6'2, 215-220lbs and find the board fits me well. No problem at all with the rocker.  Tim

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 06:35:58 PM »
That was fun...loved the jump at 3:30... :)
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 08:40:42 AM »
Nice long rides at that Nrth Jet and you surf real well. Also enjoyed that Jorma guitar in the beginning. I know that tune but can't remember the name offhand.
Curious what frame rate you shoot at. I ask this because the slo mo is a bit choppy. I started to shoot vid w/at least a 100fps frame rate. Makes a BIG dif for slo mo clips. Bat life is only marginally decreased at this setting too. Also you might want to try "Time Remapping" for seaming reg motion and slo mo in the same clips. This way you don't have the entire ride slowed down, only the cool parts like turns, zippy bowl sections, and cover-ups.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 08:51:11 AM by surfercook »
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

tde

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 11:42:56 AM »
SurfCook..thanks for the tips! That was a first effort with the GoPro...definitely lots to learn!!! :-\  !!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal