Author Topic: Good outing on Arrow Lake  (Read 1626 times)

robon

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Good outing on Arrow Lake
« on: April 16, 2014, 11:13:05 AM »
Went for a couple hour rip the other day and it ended up being one of those days when you were really glad you went out. Paddled hard into a headwind for around an hour in hope of a downwinder, but the wind totally mellowed when I turned around, so I decided to explore an old train tunnel that was under water last summer. The roof of the tunnel is over 20 feet high and my nephew and I paddled through the tunnel it last summer...kinda. The water was so high that I had to get off my board and swim for the last part of the tunnel, and my nephew made it all the way through lying down on his board. Right now the water is so low that you can walk through. I included pics from a couple days ago and last summer for reference. Arrow lake is actually a 230 km reservoir that was once two lakes connected by the Columbia River and the water fluctuations vary greatly.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 11:36:33 AM by robon »

robon

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Good outing on Arrow Lake
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 11:33:42 AM »
Well, that didn't work out properly. I don't know how to attach pics and it didn't come out in the sequence I had hoped, so here are a few more pics. Wish you could delete posts and start over.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 11:45:08 AM by robon »

SeaMe

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 12:02:24 PM »
Nice photos.  8)

Wish you could delete posts and start over.

I'd settle for being able to edit them.
“I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.” ― Anaïs Nin
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Fanatic Fly HRS 10'6"
Fanatic Ray HRS BVI 12'0" ヾ(@°▽°@)ノ

supthecreek

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 03:26:57 AM »
Looks like a cool place!

Good thing the water didn't "Fluctuate" while you were paddling through the tunnel  ???

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 08:46:11 AM »
That tunnel looks sketch. Nice lake run, robon. If you have pics on another site (like facebook or flickr) you don't have to upload again to The Zone, just copy image location and paste it into the post, than highlight the link and click the picture icon above. Just quote my post and you'll see the layout.
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal