Author Topic: Riding Sophia on Amazon  (Read 1866 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Riding Sophia on Amazon
« on: April 15, 2014, 08:25:34 PM »
I finally got a spurt of ambition and got Riding Sophia up on Amazon. What a pain. I wanted to add a hyperlinked table of contents, so I bought a subscription to Office 365. Turns out the Mac version is Office 2011, and doesn't do hyperlinked TOC. Motherf*&*r.  Not only did I spend two hours with Microsoft support just to do the installation, but then I spent three hours figuring out that the Mac version doesn't do the ONLY thing I wanted to do. Fortunately Open Office does.

So of course I want to change the version I uploaded. but it's there. and any updates I do will automgically happen. The only real one is moving the TOC to the back so it doesn't take up the first four pages of the "quick look". No one cares about that but me.

http://www.amazon.com/kindle/dp/B00JPUNCM4/ref=rdr_kindle_ext_eos_detail
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: Riding Sophia on Amazon
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 07:41:04 AM »
Cool...hope it does well. I can't wait for the sequel... ;)
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 08:49:51 AM »
Now you just need to figure out who's going to play the various characters when it's made into a movie or TV series.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 09:02:16 AM »
I nominate Dame Judith Dench as Sophia.

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 09:24:40 AM »
There is nothing like a dame, but I think I'd go with Dame Diana Rigg.  Plus I think headmount already lined up Judy Dench as his fourth-grade teacher in HIS movie.   

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 10:51:49 AM »
Plus I think headmount already lined up Judy Dench as his fourth-grade teacher in HIS movie.   

Possibly we can both use her.  We can cast Renee Zellweger as young Sophia but we will need Dame Judith for the latter years.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 12:35:30 PM »
I am distressed to find you might consider me so lackadaisical to not have already dealt with such an important issue. Claudia is a morph of Isabella Rosellini and Anouk Aimee. Obvious to the meanest intelligence. She will need to be rendered by CGI in the movie, but that's straightforward work. the top morph (Morph2) is the young Claudia, the lower morph (morph1) is older, about the time that Claude Lalouch shot "A Man And A Woman".

I wrote a lot of backstory on Claudia, most of which originally appeared in the book as her "diary" which explained some of her actions and showed off her whacky personality. My fine editor had me pull it all to make Claudia more mysterious. She was absolutely right--works much better. But I had all this stuff, so I used it as backbone for what is perhaps a short story or might get expanded into a novel If I'm bored enough. I like writing her dialog--she's a pisser.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 12:49:33 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

starman

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 12:43:16 PM »
The talented Mr. Bill. Nice job from what I was able to read on Amazon. I don't have a kindle so will have to wait for the hard copy version. Although I wonder how many will find the back workings of a motorcycle shop a compelling a read as I did. I have a few friends that I have forwarded the link who will likely enjoy your work.  If only for the way you described the the fun of polishing aluminum covers on a bench grinder at home.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal