Author Topic: Triathlete sustains head injuries from drone  (Read 2897 times)

SeaMe

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Triathlete sustains head injuries from drone
« on: April 06, 2014, 05:57:52 PM »
Well, this was sort of predictable…

http://msn.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/triathlete-gets-hit-with-drone-at-race-040614

http://www.suasnews.com/2014/04/28431/unfortunate-event-as-triathlete-sustains-head-injuries-from-drone/

Considering that people have been killed after being hit with drones she was lucky to get away with minor injuries. The rush to blame it on hacking seems fishy, but I'll wait for the results of an investigation.
“I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.” ― Anaïs Nin
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Fanatic Fly HRS 10'6"
Fanatic Ray HRS BVI 12'0" ヾ(@°▽°@)ノ

supthecreek

Re: Triathlete sustains head injuries from drone
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 05:17:03 AM »
As soon as the nasty people weaponize these critters.... the rush to place thousands of them in the air, so authorities can keep track of our every move, may become more controversial.

Cool as they are, the potential for abuse by governmental agencies and bad guys alike, is downright scary.

spookini

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 09:34:40 AM »
So Creek... are you calling Ponobill a bad guy, or just 'downright scary'?   :-[ :D
-- My doctor says I suffer from low kook --
Do sharks attack?  Hope not
Do flying fish hate us?  Hells yes

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 10:22:56 AM »
The guy that will make money is the one who invents a missile system to shoot these things down.  It would be a public service and who doesn't like to blow shit up.  Win win.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 10:57:18 AM »
I'm amazed they haven't already been weaponized. It's not the multicopters that will make fine weapons, it's the winged stuff.

Long distance, precision GPS guidance, high speed, big payload. Poor man's cruise missile. Less than a thousand bucks to put one in the air. Less if you already have the electronics. You can program them from an iPhone or iPad.
http://www.rangevideo.com/en/rvjet/1-rvjet.html

And OF COURSE I have to have one. I'm going to wait to get to Hood River though.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 11:01:54 AM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SeaMe

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 06:30:14 PM »
The guy that will make money is the one who invents a missile system to shoot these things down.  It would be a public service and who doesn't like to blow shit up.  Win win.

Missles? Unnecessary. Wait for it to get within 50 yards and you can take one out with a compound bow. Cost? About $6 for a carbon arrow and broadhead.
“I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.” ― Anaïs Nin
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Fanatic Fly HRS 10'6"
Fanatic Ray HRS BVI 12'0" ヾ(@°▽°@)ノ

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 10:41:04 PM »

Missles? Unnecessary. Wait for it to get within 50 yards and you can take one out with a compound bow. Cost? About $6 for a carbon arrow and broadhead.
Great idea and very sporting.  A sniper rifle gets complicated with regulations and people get out of sorts at the sound of gunfire so yeah arrows... very good.

feet

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 02:52:58 AM »
This is _____________________:

feet

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 02:54:53 AM »
and on the smaller, more lethal side of things: the switchblade.

http://www.wired.com/2013/03/switchblade-afghanistan/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal