Author Topic: Anyone Tried the new P90X3?  (Read 5914 times)

SUPflorida

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anyone Tried the new P90X3?
« on: January 18, 2014, 04:23:46 PM »
I did the original P90X twice a couple years ago and have to say it gave me the best results of any fitness program I ever tried. The only down side was it took too much of a time commitment. I don't have the same time flexibility I did then and this new 30 minute version might make it more doable over an extended period of time. Any Zoners try it yet? Any of those who have done the original P90X... is there enough different from the original to warrant the purchase or is it the same workouts just abbreviated with a new name?

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Tried the new P90X3?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 04:44:41 PM »
I'm 2 weeks into it and absolutely love it, take the best and some of the toughest moves from P90x and wrap them up into 30 min sessions. Some of the balance, core, and shoulder exercises are  perfect for SUP training. I also did the regular P90x and got great results and I'm thinking come end of March the results will be even better. I would recommend it to anyone looking to push themselves more than your average workout at the gym.

Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

georgia

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 06:26:26 PM »
Definitely different from x1 and well worth the purchase if you enjoy a quick/ intense/ body weight-focused program... Between x3, Al Kavadlo's body weight routines, and some sprint intervals you would have all of the functional fitness you need without ever having to visit a soul-crushing indoor gym... Btw, several of the workouts are a busy 30 min plus a few extra for cool down so you're definitely gonna be feeling it if you keep up (not a lot of standing around like x1 and not a lot of equipment like x2).

SUPflorida

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 06:38:48 PM »
PDLSFR & georgia Thanks for the review, good to here its not just repackaged P90X...would hate to spend $120 just to find out its the same thing I already own.

Personally I have never been into going to the gym aka "germ factory"...at home I can complete a good workout in the time it takes just driving to and from a gym.

SUPflorida

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 06:27:27 AM »
One more question, after using the P90X3 program could one breakdown the original P90X workout CD into 2 sessions and achieve the same thing? Such as....

1) Do the first half a CD #1 on Monday and the 2nd 1/2 of CD #1 on Tuesday?
2) Do the first 1/2 of the CD's for week one and the 2nd half of week #1 CD's on week 2? 
3) The 1st half of all the CD's for 90 days and then the 2nd half of all the CD's for the next 90 days?

Rather spend my limited resources on paddle gear if there is a viable work around that uses the original P90X I already have.

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 06:43:38 AM »
Nope as the majority of the work out moves are different than in the original P90x version and as Georgia said it's also non-stop and more intense. It's worth the money as you can't put a price on getting in that good of shape to avoid potential SUP related injuries (back and shoulders especially).

Check your health insurance plan as there are many plans that now must offer fitness reimbursement which covers things such as gym memberships and work out DVD programs such as this (Mine did - as it covered the entire cost and I still have almost $75 remaining which I can use to buy additional weights or bands).
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 07:04:16 AM »
Diane does the split P90X thing--I call it P45X. All the same, it's probably worth looking at the new version. I got lazy and quit doing it, maybe that will get me back at it.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

georgia

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 08:16:07 AM »
I was sceptical of the "new" workouts too, but have been nicely surprised at the concentration on practical/athletic fitness in x3.  I was content with my personal body weight routine, but it has been nice to be pushed out of a comfort zone with off-center and balance work... I think back bridges, australian pullups, and wall handstands are about the only things I haven't seen in x3 that I need to do in addition... and hey, can you put a price on Tony's dorky/endearing sense of humor?

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 08:32:26 AM »
Ha Ha Georgia you nailed it w Tony's commentary, he made a Darth Vader one that had me laughing.

Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

oceanblueCT

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 03:07:09 AM »
I am in Week 5 of P90x3, and I love the new format. Count me among the masses who tried but never finished the original P90X. Each time I had arrived at the P90X recovery week 4, my body seemed to break down and I'd end up with a cold or the flu.

With X3, 30-35 mins is perfect timing for my early morning workouts. I have the coffee brewing while I do the workout, which only adds to the motivation to finish strong. The mix of strength / balance / agility exercises keeps each day/week fresh and challenging. I also now actually look forward to X3 Yoga sessions, whereas original Yoga X sessions were terribly long and just, well, terrible.

I play a lot of basketball in addition to SUP, and I can definitely see overall fitness and strength improvements in just over a month with P90X3. I highly recommend this as an overall fitness program.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal