Author Topic: Merry Christmas Zoners  (Read 6269 times)

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas Zoners
« on: December 24, 2013, 10:36:42 PM »
I wish you all the best time possible.  Enjoy your family, your health, this sport, and all good things.

This is the first year ever, that I didn't buy a single gift. So much hassle avoided.  Same for the rest of my family, at least to the degree of giving to people that already have plenty.  It's 10:30 pacific time, and I'm finishing up my gift giving.  I'm writing letters.  Rather cheap no?

The letters are meant to express my love, joy and commitment to my family.  Each is unique.  Each contains far more thought than I've ever put into a gift.  I'll let you all know soon how they were received.  There is a lot to say that is easier in written form than spoken.  Not everything comes out of my mouth as smoothly as I hoped.  I'm not one of the wise men, just a simple manger burro.

All the best...

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas Zoners
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 04:13:51 AM »
As you say and have thought, I see that as an opportunity to share special thoughts and a way to convey those with much thought. I like that. A time to share things you have wanted to say but haven't and probably as you were writing them you thought of things you hadn't before. Yes, as you say, sometimes when speaking.....it comes out sideways.
I have gone to bed on Christmas eve past after Santa is done.....looking under the tree shaking my head. What have we done besides creating an orgy of sorts? I have stressed over gifts. Agibail needs new skis so we got her skis but Bobby didn't need skis but we need to get something "equal". By the time that game is played out we have gotten many thoughtless items. I have enjoyed playing Santa, getting cool gifts for my children and others but.....there has always seemed to be something...absurd wrapped around it somehow. I don't know if we have gotten wiser in our house or it is part of the kids growing up but we are pretty much over that game. Getting "better" if nothing else. The tree looks much more....."real" every year of late it seems.
I am sure your gift will be well received. Merry Christmas to all.

supthecreek

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 04:21:13 AM »
Letters that will be cherished and kept....perfect!

To all of you wonderful people in Zonerland
                                       Merry Christmas from Cape Cod
                                                             :-*

balance_fit

• Peahi Status
  • Simple, not easy.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 07:59:27 AM »
Merry, merry to all ! May health, well being and great company be the gifts that we all cherish giving and receiving during the holidays !
We came to NYC to enjoy a few days with our collegiate daughter plus, some really much colder weather than in Puerto Rico...quite a change ! But warm thoughts keep us all together and cozy.
A funny note: 2 weeks of no surfing due to steady 20+ mph winds, gusting to 37 mph one day...so, today, I check the weather and sea conditions back home and it's glassy with 5-8 ft seas. What a gift for the local crew !
May all be well
Bic Wing 11' x 29"
Bark Commander 12' x 20" 
Walden Magic 10'
Other tools for mental and physical sanity not mentioned

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 08:44:06 AM »
Merry Christmas from New Yawk! (And the rest of New York state, which actually doesn't speak like that. I don't either, BTW, but it was funny.)
Pau Hana 11' Big EZ Ricochet (Beluga)

LaPerouseBay

• Teahupoo Status
  • downwind dilettante
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2013, 09:06:38 AM »
Happy Holidays all.  Cool story about how lucky we are.  Thanks ocean!

http://www.theinertia.com/surf/my-life-paddling-through-the-storm/
Support your local shaper

supdiscobay

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 09:56:35 AM »
Thanks LPB!!
That was a great read.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!!!!
8'5" Starboard Pocket Rocket, 8'0" Kazuma Fugu custom,  8'10" Kings Sidewinder, 10' Starboard Noserider, 14' BARK Carbon Dominator, SIC F16 V3, KeNalu and Quickblade paddles, 19' Eaton Prone, 67" Goode 9700

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 10:16:50 AM »
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone from snowy Cape Cod! Winds at our backs and sun in our faces!
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 10:23:26 AM »
Happy Holidays from SoCal. 
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

Board Stiff

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2013, 11:11:27 AM »
Got a new ornament for the tree this year:

Merry Christmas everyone!

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2013, 12:03:50 PM »
I wish you all the best time possible.  Enjoy your family, your health, this sport, and all good things.

This is the first year ever, that I didn't buy a single gift. So much hassle avoided.  Same for the rest of my family, at least to the degree of giving to people that already have plenty.  It's 10:30 pacific time, and I'm finishing up my gift giving.  I'm writing letters.  Rather cheap no?

The letters are meant to express my love, joy and commitment to my family.  Each is unique.  Each contains far more thought than I've ever put into a gift.  I'll let you all know soon how they were received.  There is a lot to say that is easier in written form than spoken.  Not everything comes out of my mouth as smoothly as I hoped.  I'm not one of the wise men, just a simple manger burro.

All the best...

Merry Christmas, Jim...also, to Marty, Kayta, and your son moving back from Hawaii...as well as everyone else out there in cyber SUPZone land...

It's been a pleasure over the last couple of years getting your heartfelt notes in my inbox...and, being able to contribute to your ohana's stoke...mahalos for the stoke...and, may the coming new year be filled with continued health, wisdom, and prosperity...and, most of all...continued STOKE...

Stoked for life...here's a Santa Barbara sunrise from this Christmas morn'...
Mahalos...{:~)

WARDOG ®
Owner/CEO  StandUp Paddle Sports®  &   SurfingSports®.com, Inc.

(805)962-SUPS (7877) store
(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
Standup Paddle Sports, LLC
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2013, 03:54:10 PM »
Thanks Wardog and the rest.  Boardstiff, that ornament is perfect.  We'll all be surfing together this weekend, and I can't think of a better gift than that.

I'm really not a scrooge by the way, I do want you to know.  My daughter will be picking up a Sup Sports paddle in the color of her choice after the new year, and we helped her with some moderately substantial car repairs.

Son will be getting a set of wheels soon and considering his budget, I expect to contribute to the "Jalopy to be Named Later's" ability to propel itself at freeway speeds.  He's picking up my daughter's old Weber while she gets my hand me down Mahalo.  I think some new wet suits are on order too, but is that really Christmas worthy, or just life maintenance?

Momma and I are trying to sock some money away for a trip to Costa Rica.  Her love for me, and our sup sessions together... sometimes you realize the gifts you have can't be wrapped.   

I know first hand that life isn't always a bed of roses.  Sometimes is just fertilizer (yea there's an untold story here). But that's what makes the flowers smell all the sweeter.

Green Water Sports

• Site Sponsor
  • Peahi Status
  • https://greenwatersports.com
    • View Profile
    • Green Water Sports - Inflatable SUP boards & stand up paddle boards & more
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2013, 04:55:19 PM »
Happy Holidays Zoners!

Enroute to Xmas lunch!

Spent today surfing epic 4-6ft faces of tropical warm water waves in the Caribbean.

Ahhhh the holidays!
Julian
https://greenwatersports.com
Green Water Sports LLC - Inflatable SUP boards & stand up paddle boards & more. Call us on 1-888-252-4983
Red Paddle Co, Starboard, SIC Maui, Tahe, Naish, Fanatic, Accent Paddles, Onyx, FCS, Vamo

kayadogg

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2013, 07:14:44 PM »
Merry Christmas, all.  SlatchJim, thanks for bringing another perspective of the holidays to light.  This was my first Christmas as a California resident but was fortunate to be able to spend it back in New England with my girl, an expecting sister and brother in law, my parents and other friends and family. Just being home with everyone felt good, not too much else mattered.  Lots of laughs and smiles and that's what I'll remember. Capped off with snow on Christmas Eve and throughout most of the day today. Hope to meet you and others at SanO this weekend.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 07:17:09 PM by kayadogg »

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2013, 11:55:04 PM »

All the best...

Merry Christmas, Jim...also, to Marty, Kayta, and your son moving back from Hawaii...as well as everyone else out there in cyber SUPZone land...

It's been a pleasure over the last couple of years getting your heartfelt notes in my inbox...and, being able to contribute to your ohana's stoke...mahalos for the stoke...and, may the coming new year be filled with continued health, wisdom, and prosperity...and, most of all...continued STOKE...

Stoked for life...here's a Santa Barbara sunrise from this Christmas morn'...

Are those pics with your AW1?  nice.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal