Author Topic: Zoners, which do you support -- Obamacare, or the Affordable Care Act??  (Read 32810 times)

spookini

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
This was on Kimmel last nite.  Pretty much sums it all up...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/539715
-- My doctor says I suffer from low kook --
Do sharks attack?  Hope not
Do flying fish hate us?  Hells yes

mtmilam

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Zoners, which do you support -- Obamacare, or the Affordable Care Act??
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 06:31:48 PM »
Funny...and to think that people like that Drive large vehicles down a Road, at a high rate of speed, with only a yellow line separating them from you.....head on!!!   :D 

Mark
Hobie 14' Elite 2012
BOTE HD 12' 2012
14' Mistral M1 race inflatable
Red Board Race 12'6" inflatable
BOTE Breeze 11' inflatable
Red Paddle 12'6" explorer inflatable
Tower 12'6" race board
Hobie DuraDUP

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 06:42:16 PM »
But, but..........but, doesn't everyone get free health care now?   
My vehicle is large but I drive like a little old lady.

piece of 8

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 07:00:52 PM »
   Dude, I catch waves with you today and You're making fun of the people that voted for him for the most part. What does this sum up?
   The last job interview I was on, I met the owner or the company with 70 employees . He asked me specifically about health insurance , and if I would require it. I told him that I would get it from the state as it is required here, at least to give me an edge on this job.
   This is a huge issue to the small business owners that provide most of the jobs in this country, This administration is sticking  it to these folks. Who will eventually give to the greater good, when the greater good is all receiving? Liberalism doesn't work. Look at Greece. This country was founded and has prospered through hard work. I was out on the waves today because i have prospered through my hard work. Nobody pays for my health insurance , rent or groceries. If you need that stuff , here's the classifieds, just like I did.

Where do you get your health insurance BTW?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 07:26:01 PM by piece of 8 »

spookini

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 07:57:21 PM »
Most of the ppl interviewed by Kimmel are opposed to 'Obamacare' bc of the word Obama.  They support it if you don't call it Obamacare.

Most small businesses are exempt I believe.  The majority of small businesses are <10 ppl; the law only requires biz > 50ppl to offer healthcare.  This law isn't sticking it to the mom-and-pops or local pizzeria.

As self-employed MA resident, I can get insurance at a reasonable price thanks to Romneycare.  :)

I choose a lower-premium, high deductible plan.  I just went to see my primary care physician for the 1st time in two years.. routine health screening.   They asked if I wanted to see a physician's assistant?,  Sure why not, maybe it's cheaper I thought..

Twenty minutes later, the bill for the P.A. to play with a stethoscope: $270.  My insurance paid a whopping $30, I had to pay the rest out of pocket.   Despite the Affordable Care Act,,  I think the healthcare and insurance companies are going to do JUST FINE.  I'm not too concerned about them.   :-X
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 08:03:37 PM by spookini »
-- My doctor says I suffer from low kook --
Do sharks attack?  Hope not
Do flying fish hate us?  Hells yes

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 12:00:50 PM »
Whether or not someone supports this law isn't an issue any more.  It's a law and in law making, all these debates occur before the fact.  The fact that somehow 18% of the representation of the country in the tea party crowd has decided to stop the process after the law has already been passed means they want to change the overall rules of political engagement.  Whether or not you support this AFA or whatever you wish to call it (people say call it Obamacare because they're too lazy to say all those big words in the proper title.) it's a freaking law. 

If you play by the tea party rules, what next?  Defund the military because you say that a majority of our people disagree with our foreign policy? 

These tea party  representatives are obviously in the pocket of HMOs and further more are likely to be profiting from the market fluctuations that are a part of this whole scenario.  They knew whether there would be a shutdown and they know when they will fold.   Corruption in high gear.. US style.

And don't think these TP reps will get voted out in 2014.  They're rock solid in these podunk locals they come from.  Check out the architect of this defund move, Mark Meadows, an evangelistic extremist from western North Carolina.  Cruz is only the front man.  Meadows is the 'thinker".

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 12:03:45 PM »
One does not simply walk into Obamacare...

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 12:06:41 PM »
One does not simply walk into Obamacare...

Can you elaborate?

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 12:23:05 PM »

I actually think that no matter how wonderful the intention is, government programs are nearly always taxpayer funded disasters.  My elaboration would take to long, not be interesting, do nothing, and bore even me to tears.  Sometimes a meme really is the answer.

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 12:45:04 PM »

AM9K

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 12:53:28 PM »

Instagram/Twitter: @AM9K

TN_SUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Seems to me that the replubicans are afraid of its success, as they'll be proved wrong. If they thought it was going to be a disaster, they would let it squeak by and crash and burn, helping them in 2016. My opinion is that the majority voted for Obama and his plan in 2012 - let the majority rule, its democracy.
'13 SB Sprint, '15 SIC X-14 ProLite, RH Coastal Cruiser, Think EZE Ski, Kenalu Konihi 84  & Mana

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 01:44:24 PM »

I actually think that no matter how wonderful the intention is, government programs are nearly always taxpayer funded disasters.  My elaboration would take to long, not be interesting, do nothing, and bore even me to tears.  Sometimes a meme really is the answer.
Well there are many disasters funded by tax payers.  Roads and bridges that are poorly engineered, military wasteful spending, and how about tax payer funded health care for members of congress that vote to defund health care for the rest of the country?  Or their salaries in general?  Yes I agree there are many taxpayer funded disasters.  Should we 'defund' all of them?  Laws are made and then implemented.  This isn't Burger King where you can have it your own way.  The majority rules and has ruled and whether you agree with the outcome or not doesn't matter.  The lawmakers have completed their job.  So unless you feel the need to totally restructure the government, it's a done deal.  What's happening now is just a thorn.... which contrary to what many think, is painful for many people.

I've heard many of the talking points saying Obamacare is ruining the country... weeks before yesterday when it first opened for enrollment and still months before Jan 1st when it finally goes into effect.  Do these guys have a crystal ball knowing it will ruin things?  Or are they just going on the premise that all government  taxpayer funded projects are disastrous?  Who knows how this will work out?  And if it's as bad as the tea party says it will be, it can be repealed or modified.  We spent ten years in Iraq spending god knows what.  Certainly this experiment deserves a chance.   These TP guys represent 18% of the country yet always say they speak for the American people.  I think that's a bit weird.

1tuberider

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2013, 02:11:06 PM »
ACA does not represent the peoples wishes.

It was passed with out proper discussion.  The dems would not even allow the bill be read.  Feinstein said "take your pill and swallow it".

Since ACA passed

my insurance rates have doubled
my grandson who is ada could not get his drugs due to ACA.  He cannot function without them
larger employers I provide services to do not offer full time employment only 28 hours a week
smaller employers are terminating health plans due to cost
the average insurance premium I see reported is close to 20k a year for a family 
the top tax rate went to 43.4%.  It effects incomes of 250k and greater
larger employers are saying they would rather pay the penalty
wait till you see how far reaching this law intrudes unto your personal lives

Tell me how this is good. 

I grew up in a time when if you want to eat you had to work.  If you wanted a car you had to have a job. If you worked hard the American dream was a possibility. One democratic president said
Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country.

Now all I see is give me, give me and its ruining this country. It all started with handouts.

Thank God senator Cruz is there. I believe the next election cycle will make changes when everyone realizes how badly they got screwed.

covesurfer

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2013, 02:23:47 PM »
1tuberider: Since the ACA has not even gone into effect, please explain how the doubling of your insurance rates and inability to get needed medications are attributable to ACA.

I'm not sure if I will like ACA or not, but being self insured and going on 60, I can tell you that my nearly 1K a month in insurance costs buy my family almost nothing in the way of actual coverage. I don't feel like I'm getting any handouts, I feel like I'm paying insurance companies a huge amount of money for almost nothing in return. And, adding insult to injury, my wife has been denied coverage multiple times due to 'pre-existing conditions'.

Why don't you also explain how the status quo is working out. I'm not trying to insult you, I'd truly like to know if you actually are making a legitimate point.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Sunova Ghost 8'10 SUP
[Classifieds]
kliss99
Today at 05:01:39 AM
post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
PonoBill
April 23, 2024, 07:55:28 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 07:26:43 PM
spindrift
April 23, 2024, 07:16:46 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 06:56:28 PM
post Need a new Impact Vest
spindrift
April 23, 2024, 06:36:51 PM
post Re: Ocean Rodeo Glide-Allula
kiteboarder
April 23, 2024, 06:06:50 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 04:22:52 PM
kiteboarder
April 23, 2024, 03:07:49 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 02:59:32 PM
Dwight (DW)
April 23, 2024, 02:41:07 PM
post Re: Erik Antonson interview with Stacy Peralta
[Random]
surfinJ
April 23, 2024, 01:34:42 PM
post Fanatic 8.3 Allwave
[Classifieds]
firesurf
April 23, 2024, 01:28:40 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 01:24:35 PM
post Re: At what age did you, or do you plan to retire?
[Random]
surfinJ
April 23, 2024, 01:24:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal