Author Topic: Where to SUP surf near San Fran? Board Rental?  (Read 3644 times)

Skyrocketnflight

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Where to SUP surf near San Fran? Board Rental?
« on: July 31, 2013, 02:54:31 PM »
Im coming to San Fran in Nov for #Dreamforce convention. Im an avid SUP surfer & kitesurfer in Boston (Cape Cod, Rhode Island, Maine) and wanted to find out where I should go if there is surf that is SUP friendly the Fri and Sat after the convention within a few hour drive North or South?

Will prob be interested in renting  board or two and 100% carbon paddle, will bring my soft roof racks I use when I go down to Puerto Rico and Baja.  Where can I rent?

I have an Exocet Fish 8.11 and a Starboard WP 9.6 currently.  I will try to return the favor/intel to anyone coming out this way.

Thanks!

Greg Maier
gregoryvmaier@gmail.com

Fog City Rider

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Where to SUP surf near San Fran? Board Rental?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 09:36:43 AM »
Hi Greg,

Covewater rents a great selection of surf SUPs  (including the famous SIMsup) if you want to surf in Santa Cruz (1.5 hr south of SF).  $25 a day, too, which you really can't beat.   

101 Surf Sports in San Rafael or Proof Lab in Mill Valley both rent, too, if you wanna go north & hit up Bolinas (1 hr north of SF). 

And if you wanna surf Ocean Beach in SF, get in contact with Boardsports & they may be able to hook you up.  Don't know anyone else in the city that rents SUPs...

For Pacifica, it's NorCal surf shop. 

Hope that helps,
Mitch
San Diego, CA
10'0 Naish Nalu Pro (2017 version)
9'0 Pearson Arrow Laird custom
9'3 Pearson Arrow custom (prone)
9'8 Takayama In the Pink (prone)

hbsteve

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Where to SUP surf near San Fran? Board Rental?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 09:53:25 AM »
In Sausalito Sea Trek Kayaks. SUP too.  This place is good for paddling.  But not for surfing.
Going SUPPing on San Francisco bay can be interesting with the tides and various boats going by.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 10:49:26 AM by hbsteve »

KSP

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Where to SUP surf near San Fran? Board Rental?
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 05:55:38 PM »
About an hour inland from Ocean Beach or Pacifica is Benicia Kite and Paddle Sports.   Flatwater paddling with everything from soft tops to race boards for rent.  Also some surf SUP boards available for rent as well from Infinity and Rusty (both from Boardworks).

We'll even meet you at the coast...

www.kite-paddle.com

510-900-WIND

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal