Author Topic: NSP/DC - updated site with new shapes...  (Read 14940 times)

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: NSP/DC - updated site with new shapes...
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 06:58:12 PM »
Looks like quite a nice evolution from their previous boards.  I keep noticing how much board shapes are changing--Fanatic from a few threads ago, now NSP....looks like shapers are learning a lot very quickly.  Yet there's still great variation even among boards designed for similar purposes. 

NSP looks like a a great board for people wanting blue--joins red (Fanatic), yellow (Naish), and green (404). 

westbeach

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 08:23:15 PM »
where are the NSP-DC production boards made?

Fog City Rider

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 09:55:31 PM »
where are the NSP-DC production boards made?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but NSP is essentially the house brand for the Cobra factory. 

In other words, they are made in Thailand.  At the Cobra factory. 

Along with Naish, Starboard, JP Australia, Exocet, Surftech, Fanatic, Amundson, Coreban I think, and probably 10 other brands.  They be keepin' busy. 

« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 10:03:11 PM by Fog City Rider »
San Diego, CA
10'0 Naish Nalu Pro (2017 version)
9'0 Pearson Arrow Laird custom
9'3 Pearson Arrow custom (prone)
9'8 Takayama In the Pink (prone)

rkdjones

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2013, 08:55:10 AM »
The 14 Ocean Race series does seem to have more nose rocker than, say, the Bark Dominator.  I've been truly underwhelmed with NSPs displacement boards in the past, but these do look better.  It would be nice if they put a side-on picture on their website so one could get a better idea of the rocker.  Robert

CMC

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2013, 06:31:11 PM »
The 14 Ocean Race series does seem to have more nose rocker than, say, the Bark Dominator.  I've been truly underwhelmed with NSPs displacement boards in the past, but these do look better.  It would be nice if they put a side-on picture on their website so one could get a better idea of the rocker.  Robert

Hi Robert, check the LTD Pro Race boards, they have rocker profiles on those and they are almost identical to the rest of the Surf and Ocean Race range.

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2013, 04:50:06 PM »
In my latest DW vid you can see the new NSP/DC on the water next to me.

DJ

Kojack

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2013, 04:44:20 PM »

DJ

Great video, DJ.  Thanks for sharing.  Looks like it was a really fun day.  How is the weight on the new NSPs?  Also have you tried out the new 2014 14 Glide yet?

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2013, 05:27:48 PM »

DJ

Great video, DJ.  Thanks for sharing.  Looks like it was a really fun day.  How is the weight on the new NSPs?  Also have you tried out the new 2014 14 Glide yet?

Those blue DC/NSP's are extremely light.. My new 14' Glide was due at the beginning of the month.. Then told they'd be two weeks late and due 20th.. Now they say the end of the month..  :-[

Once I have my new 14' Glide I'll get some pictures of both Naish and DC/NSP together.. Both are 29" wide but very different in shape.

DJ

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2013, 04:41:30 PM »
They are now in my local shop.

DJ

juandoe

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2013, 06:25:53 PM »
Those are some good looking boards.  Looks like NSP is moving into the same echelon as Starboard and Naish.  Are the prices equivalent or is it still more of a "value" brand?

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2013, 06:54:08 PM »
Those are some good looking boards.  Looks like NSP is moving into the same echelon as Starboard and Naish.  Are the prices equivalent or is it still more of a "value" brand?

Yes they've stepped.. Mostly because of Dale Chapman (DC).. He's Aussies leading sup shaper and responsible for many top paddlers winning boards including Travis Grant.

The new NSP message is "From your first board to first place" .. These boards are for winning races.. They are not cheap.. They are very light and very strong.

I hope to demo the 14 in a few days.

DJ

« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 06:58:55 PM by DavidJohn »

shankfoo

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • shankfoo on fb
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2013, 07:29:31 PM »
Given that the new shapes are probably awesome, are the older NSP 12'6/14 models OK?  You know, price/performance wise, how do the older shapes perform?
- Kevin -
| Angulo Shaka 14' | Surftech Bark Laird 14' | Coreban Alpha 12'6 | Uli 14' | Red 10'6 || QB Kanaha 100 86" |

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2013, 08:09:46 PM »
Given that the new shapes are probably awesome, are the older NSP 12'6/14 models OK?  You know, price/performance wise, how do the older shapes perform?

I've paddled all the old NSP boards and they are very good.. More for casual or recreational paddlers than your serious racer.. These new boards are more for your serious racers.

DJ
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 08:11:49 PM by DavidJohn »

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2013, 09:04:35 PM »
Do you know if NSP is going to update its lower-end touring boards for 2013 ?
Pau Hana 11' Big EZ Ricochet (Beluga)

Fog City Rider

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Re: NSP/DC - updated site with new shapes...
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2013, 09:11:22 PM »

DJ

Those blue DC/NSP's are extremely light.. My new 14' Glide was due at the beginning of the month.. Then told they'd be two weeks late and due 20th.. Now they say the end of the month..  :-[

Once I have my new 14' Glide I'll get some pictures of both Naish and DC/NSP together.. Both are 29" wizzdc dds cz car cg car cv de dzdzdzzzd Dec schiff ddzz!!814d c4@4ever$ c4 $814d!814d! Dzecc $$!4ever! Rec'd 814d!!484! 411 zzdc das zzdzz DE cases zzdzz4!76ers c4 8szz zs cz san q&a $ 8szz@! San $!! Zone san c4 szabo $$$! C4 $ sss day cz szzc seceded dds sss san $74 cv $48 814d!! Zone $$$ san sd q&a $$de but very different in shape.

DJ

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
San Diego, CA
10'0 Naish Nalu Pro (2017 version)
9'0 Pearson Arrow Laird custom
9'3 Pearson Arrow custom (prone)
9'8 Takayama In the Pink (prone)

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal