Author Topic: NSP/DC - updated site with new shapes...  (Read 14992 times)

Muskoka SUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
NSP/DC - updated site with new shapes...
« on: July 10, 2013, 02:48:06 AM »
Just saw this - check out the offerings in the 14' range.  Though I think they should make all models available in the Cocomat construction, not just carbon. Larger paddlers take note of the 14 x 29" open water board.   ;)

Man, this addiction is way too easy to feed with so many pushers around every corner 8)

http://www.nspsurfboards.com/sup/

(No affiliation, just FYI)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 02:50:10 AM by Muskoka SUP »
It ain't over until the fat board sinks....

Boludo

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: NSP/DC - updated site with new shapes...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 10:49:23 AM »
I like that brushed carbon 14x25 open ocean.  I wonder how much these are going to run and how to get your hands on one.

viatormundi

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 02:01:02 PM »
Very nice boards

Sup530

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 07:26:52 PM »
I think I found my next board!! The 14 x 29 brushed carbon is sweet!! Now to find one.

upwinder

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 03:44:39 AM »
We have a couple of pre-production carbon 14 x 26" in this shape in the fleet down here...they are stable and wicked fast, especially downwind.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 03:51:27 AM by upwinder »
In theory, there should be no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is...
Sheldon Brown

freetobeme

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 04:19:55 AM »
Wow, really slick lookin boards! NSP branding has done a great job in a short time. Funny how no major players picked up TG earlier...C4  :P

I wonder how these boards paddle up and cross wind???
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 04:22:05 AM by freetobeme »
"Everything you want is on the other side of fear" - George Addair

CoreVac Cannibal BOMB 8'8

SUPpaddler

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 04:43:12 AM »
If you click on the picture of Travis, you'll get other photos, including one of someone paddling what appears to be the flat water race version with the sunken deck.  The bows of both models, ocean and race, seem to be quite broad and rockered, making a splashy entry visible in the pictures.  Seems a little curious, especially for the flatwater version.  As someone mentioned in another thread, maybe they are trying to mimic the SB Ace.

Chilly

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 05:25:10 AM »
It’s interesting that the 14x25 has more volume (289.5 L) compared to the 14x26 (275 L). So there is more to it than just a difference in width.
NSP 2016 12'6 Surf Race Pro

Muskoka SUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 06:45:39 AM »
We have a couple of pre-production carbon 14 x 26" in this shape in the fleet down here...they are stable and wicked fast, especially downwind.

I kinda figured they'd debut in Oz first, given that Dale Chapman is the shaper...

Anyone in your crew had the opportunity to take some detailed pics or even a vid? (hint, DJ)

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 07:10:09 AM »

I kinda figured they'd debut in Oz first, given that Dale Chapman is the shaper...

Anyone in your crew had the opportunity to take some detailed pics or even a vid? (hint, DJ)

I was told late July or early August they will be here to demo.. Not long now.

DJ

Fog City Rider

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 08:06:10 PM »
Wow the new shapes look really nice.  Can't wait to hear some user feedback...
San Diego, CA
10'0 Naish Nalu Pro (2017 version)
9'0 Pearson Arrow Laird custom
9'3 Pearson Arrow custom (prone)
9'8 Takayama In the Pink (prone)

upwinder

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 09:04:00 PM »
It’s interesting that the 14x25 has more volume (289.5 L) compared to the 14x26 (275 L). So there is more to it than just a difference in width.

The 14x25 has a deep sunken deck, similar concept to an ACE but not as extreme. The 14 x 26 is more conventional board style.
In theory, there should be no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is...
Sheldon Brown

upwinder

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 09:11:55 PM »

Protos of the 'Ocean' shape were on tour with Dale several months ago and a few guys snapped them up. The shapes look to have had some minor tweaks since then but it's hard to tell from a brochure.

There was some rumour going around that a limited run went out of the factory a couple of months ago but only a couple were sent to OZ (sorta makes sense, it's the winter off-season here). Latest goss still has them arriving here in August, as DJ said.
Sheldon Brown

Muskoka SUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 08:36:03 AM »
Thanks Upwinder and DJ. 

I cant' wait to read and see your reviews as soon as you get a chance to get on one or more of the NSP boards....

DS

Chilly

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 08:59:56 AM »

The 14x25 has a deep sunken deck, similar concept to an ACE but not as extreme. The 14 x 26 is more conventional board style.

Thanks Upwinder. That makes sense.
NSP 2016 12'6 Surf Race Pro

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal