Author Topic: New Naish Website  (Read 6555 times)

jjue

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
New Naish Website
« on: September 20, 2008, 07:22:36 AM »
Nice new Naish SuP  website ...  I   am  quite astounded at how fast  SUP is growing and how companies like Starboard  and Naish in a couple of  years  have  developed  whole brand new lines  of SUP boards  from   short boards to  guns and  point to point   boards ....  simply amazing   ...

http://www.naishsurfing.com/

paddledaddy

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Naish Website
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 05:59:09 AM »
I paddled the Naish 10'6" in windblown choppy water the other day. I was impressed by the quality of construction and it felt like it would surf real well, but it didn't have quite enough volume for my weight and ability. Still, it was nice enogh to take interest in the Nais boards, perhaps someone like DavidJohn who is familiar with them could do a little review here about the '09 line. Thanks.

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 06:08:58 AM »
We have a huge demo day coming up on Oct 18 and I'll take heaps of pics and review all the boards.

The demo is at Torquay.. It's a surf beach near Bells beach.. So it will be great to test them in the waves.

I had a 10'6" and a 11'6".. I sold my 10'6" and bought the new 11'4"... I love it.

I also have a new Naish Glide on order and will soon sell my 11'6".. I think the 11'4" and the Glide will be a perfect quiver for me.

I guess you could say I'm a bit of a Naish fan...  ;D

DJ

paddledaddy

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 07:37:08 AM »
Great, I look forward to your review DavidJohn!

surfpainter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 08:54:05 AM »
DJ..how big are the waves at Bells this time of year?

Easy Rider

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 09:36:15 AM »
Yes - the Naish stuff looks really good.

I love my 11'6"

The 12' looks really good for the lakes and flat rivers around here.

Can't wait for next summer.
Easy Rider is the name of my store in Edmonton, AB, Canada.
My name is Warren Currie . . . and we SUP Surf indoors . . . in a shopping mall!

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 12:37:46 AM »

I sold my 11'6'' and got the 11'4'', YAY, what a nice board. It does not float as well as the 11'6'', but it paddles and rides way better. It feels lighter and still has the tucked in rails. It really feels like it paddles and glides better than the 11'6', but rides more like the 10'6'...

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 04:13:29 AM »
DJ..how big are the waves at Bells this time of year?

Sorry I've taken a while to reply..I was going to take a pic but haven't had a chance to go down to Bells lately..

But it's good prety much all year.. Sure it has it's flat days.. (when American tourists arrive) .  :D

Some friends did a down winder from Bells to Torquay last week and they said it was a pretty big swell.. (well over 6') ... It's a great wave..  ;D

DJ

motopilot

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 04:18:00 AM »
Nice website.  Looks like they have quite a large range of boards.  The only one I really would like to try is the Glide.  DavidJohn, would really like to see some more photos and info when you get one.  I think that board is going to be great in flatwater touring. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal