Author Topic: Spill your quiver  (Read 26778 times)

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Spill your quiver
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2013, 07:57:08 PM »
First one in 2010.  One of my kids and her hubby have ownership of a couple of these.

11'6 Surftech R French
10'6 Surftech Inflatable
11'8 Hooked
11' NSP
14' Kaholo
9'6 Tower
11'2 Starboard Fisherman
12'6 Hobie Inflatable

Looks like such a different list than many here. Must have something to do with frozen water half the year and so far inland. Next in line (I think) 14' Hobie E but a smaller board I would never really paddle may come first.

AirJunky

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • My SUP gallery
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2013, 11:45:14 PM »
Had a pair of LakeShore Paddleboards.... a Wet Woody I sold on Sunday, and a Sunset Cruiser I might be selling soon.

Test riding a Bic 12'6" Wing tomorrow.

Would love to test paddle a Hobie 12' inflatable soon.
--
Bill

supthecreek

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2013, 03:30:37 PM »
Update

8'10 Allwave

11' Watersedge Crossover

many more in my head ;)

Muskoka SUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2013, 05:47:41 PM »
Boards:

2010 Starboard Free Race 12-6 x 31 *
2011 Starboard Coast Runner 14 x 28
2012 Naish Glide 14 x 27  *

Paddles:

Werner Spanker
Sawyer Banzai Zephyr
Quick Blade Kanaha Elite
Zaveral Power Surge SL
Ke Nalu Molokai Elite - Xtuff(S)

It ain't over until the fat board sinks....

JeanG

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2013, 08:33:40 AM »
I'm out of town, and forgot to include:

Corran Mach Heroin 8'2x25

That board's awesome.

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2013, 05:24:36 PM »
Giant,

Not big. But I have lots of random storage places.

SL
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

covesurfer

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2013, 06:26:55 PM »

Naish Glide 14 - a 2011 with huge nose rocker and a
2012 that's flatter - both are now sold and gone, the 2011 to WasSUP, the
2012 to PDX Mike.

Javelin 14 - my go-to race rocket. Does it all and is always tippy. This board is known as 'Tippy Canoe'. Still in the PNW but may move to Maui, fate as yet undetermined. It's beginning to delam on the bottom skin but I don't know what life will be like without Tippy. Probably drier.

Starboard Element - my first SUP surfboard, sold to WasSUP.

PSH 10' x 30" - my wife's toy board. Paddles ok, decent in small surf, fun board. Super stable. Haven't had it in the waves very much but that will change late this summer as it's going to Maui.

DP Maui 9'8"x28.5" - my fave allround wave tool. Lives on Maui. Never leaving. There could be a new custom DP in my future someday if I get a job that actually provides hours. And paychecks. As in regularly.

Naish Hokua 9'0" - a 9 foot short board. Pulled in nose, thin rails, ripper. Does not feel like 9 feet. Lives on Maui, may get sold to help finance a new DP someday.

SIC F16 - Maui downwindah board.
SIC Bullet 14 Rudder - lives in the Gorge but will move to Maui with me soon. ;D

Ke Nalu Maliko with Elite shaft - LOVE LOVE LOVE this paddle
Ke Nalu Wiki on a X-tuff - like a lot but the shaft is only for when I'm really hurting.
Might switch the Wiki onto the Elite someday but for downwind, the Maliko on the Elite is the shizz.

Kialoa Pipes - mostly for my daughter, my wife loves the Ke Nalu's
Kialoa Methane - a great paddle but I'm married to a Ke Nalu named Maliko ;D
Both of the Kialoa's may eventually get sold but it's always good to have paddles to change around to, especially if something starts to hurt.

crtraveler

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2013, 06:57:23 PM »
Kalama 11'6"
Naish Mana 10' x 2 (first one delaminated)
Naish Glide 14'
Jaime Mitchell 12'6" Lahui Kai
Fanatic 9'2" AW
Naish Mana 10' (currently water-logged in Costa Rica)
Fanatic Allwave 9'2"
Naish Glide 14'
Jamie Mitchell LK 12'6"
KeNalu Maliko + Wiki (soon)

Green Water Sports

• Site Sponsor
  • Peahi Status
  • https://greenwatersports.com
    • View Profile
    • Green Water Sports - Inflatable SUP boards & stand up paddle boards & more
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2013, 06:31:31 AM »
Started on a Starboard 10' x34" Whopper. Moved to the 9'8" x 30" Element.

From there, moved down and up in size as my riding became more focused and I 'semi-retired' from other sports.

Hard core wave rider: Carbon 8'5" x 29" Pro and for everything else: Red Paddle Co 10'6" Ride.
Julian
https://greenwatersports.com
Green Water Sports LLC - Inflatable SUP boards & stand up paddle boards & more. Call us on 1-888-252-4983
Red Paddle Co, Starboard, SIC Maui, Tahe, Naish, Fanatic, Accent Paddles, Onyx, FCS, Vamo

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2013, 08:38:05 AM »
Julian,
Did you just put the Whopper into your rental fleet?  It's always nice to have a big stable platform to set the hook into a first timer.

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2013, 02:31:57 PM »
Spring 2009.   Arrogance mixed with ignorance led to hauling back from
Santa Barbara  3 PSH boards even though I'd never sup'd.
          9x28 ripper         9x28  10-6x28  Allarounds

Couldn't stand on any of them except for flat water.
Sold the ripper and bought a 11x31 PSH Allaround.   The first years spent
mastering the 11' in 0-10' surf till I broke it and was forced to deal with
the 28" wide boards- 9' for up to 6' clean surf, 10-6 for all the rest (also
became my "gun").

Recent additions-

Blane Chambers custom 9-8x31 Asym Destroyer for up to ~8' juice.

Jeff Clark 10-5x28 bevel railed gun for the big ones.

Now only a simsup and a 14' ocean vessel and I'm done?

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2013, 02:34:21 PM »
Oh yea, two kialoa methanes for me and two quick blade adj for
family and friends.

Off-Shore

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • HksupaHK SUP and Downwinding
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2014, 08:32:33 AM »
From an iSUP to an F16 in 2 years

Being new to the Zone, I thought I'd resurrect this thread and let you know a bit about my quiver and how I got into this 'game of owns'.

Like a few of you, I was a fanatical windsurfer in the 80s, starting in the UK before battened sails, adjustable booms and before short boards had even arrived there. I built my first short board using spare carbon fibre used to build composite molds at the Aerospace company I worked, because we couldn't buy short boards then. It was a monster with an upturned nose not unlike the old Naish Glides. But it worked and I was hooked, eventually ending up with a custom built wave gun and a Tinkler Tail from M&M Customs. I still have that Tinkler somewhere. I windsurfed waves whenever I could wherever I could, Tiree, Rhosneigr and Kimmeridge in the UK and Lanzarote and Maui. Then I started working seriously, moved abroad, got married and had kids.

Fast forward to late 2011, I was looking to find a sport to take me through my 6th decade (that's 50-60) on this planet and seriously thought it was going to be golf or yoga. I was just tired of the 10+ years I'd spent in front of a screen on an elliptical. By chance a  friend introduced me to SUP after a long lunch one Sunday. There was a new rental place right next to his home on the ocean. I could not believe it. This was IT. The one! The thing I'd been missing and looking for ever since I rigged my favorite fluorescent Neil Pryde 4.2 for the last time in the summer of 1988

I decided I had to buy one, and since I was heading for the UK, looked online for a place to buy a SUP, which of all things happened to be a professional hobby shop selling high end remote control planes, boats and cars. The owner had discovered SUP and had one board in stock. A RedPaddle 10-6 iSUP with a 3pc paddle.. So I bought it. Of course. And took it back to Asia.

The next 3 months I must have paddled that thing 4-5 times a week every week for 1 or two hours at a time, come rain, shine or whatever; and it went everywhere I went. I bought a 2nd one for my wife and friends, and then as I started to go more and more off-shore, I realised that a longer board might be better... and so started the journey to SICdom and downwinding in the aftermath of typhoons.

This is the order (within a 2 year period)

RedPaddle 10-6 iSUP
Starboard Coast Runner AST 14' x 28
Starboard Ocean Race 12-6 (sold)
Starboard 9' x 33" x 4.1"
SIC F16 Custom

And since then..

RedAir 14' Elite iSUP
Think XO 14' Race prototype
Starboard All-Star 12-6
RedAir All-Water 9-6 iSUP

Living by the ocean in Asia, these cover every paddle possibility, with boards to spare for family and friends. Offshore downwinding the SIC F16 is what rocks me, even in light winds (20-25kph) as long as there is a swell. I race the 12-6 and the Think XO 14', tour on the Starboard 14' and paddle waves on the Starboard 9'. When I travel I'll take the RedAir 14' Elite for any offshore or lake paddling, and the RedAir All-Water 9-6 for messing around, or for waves if I can't take the Starboard or rent locally. Usually with the family we take 3 iSUPs with us.

I've been fortunate enough to paddle some great places with some great people, including Maui, Long Island, Scotland and Bali. What I've found out there is the greatest vibe and it is just so good to see it online here in the Zone.

My apologies to offshore and offshorepaddler68  for not knowing about you before I registered. Had I done so, I'd have used a different name.
SB 9' x 33' x 4.1" - RPC 9'8" iSUP - SB All-Star 12'6" - Blue Planet Bump Rider 14 - SB Ace 14 x 27 - RedAir 14' Elite Race - SIC Bullet 14v1 TWC - SICMaui F16v3 Custom

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/HksupaHk_SUP_and_Downwinding

rkdjones

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2014, 08:33:35 AM »
Ron House 12-6 Race Board
Laird Bark 14 in Tuflite

I'm 165 lbs and mostly paddle lakes for exercise and fun, occasionally paddle Puget Sound (when I find the time).  The House is nice for warm weather, quite managable out of the water, but a bit fragile (several ding repairs now, and the I can feel the texture of the cloth on the rear deck).  The Bark is heavy out of the water, more difficult in wind, but very stable and good for cold water and choppy conditions.  I find that they both paddle nicely.

Robert

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2014, 08:40:55 PM »
Been paddling since the Dominator came out and also have the Touring Carbon 14 and Bullet 14v2.  Flat water - slop and chop - planing downwind - bases are covered.  Have also used the Sprint Allstar Ace Javelin Glide Falcon various Bullets F14 F16 and others.  Every board has its own power band with different pros and cons.  Much respect to the shapers and designers - racing and competition is making boards faster more stable lighter and sometimes even more durable.

On another note - sharing stoke insight and contributions from knowledgable members is appreciated and a benefit to this forum.  Photos and videos especially.

8)
Fast is FUN!   8)
Dominator - Touring Pintail - Bullet V2 - M14 - AS23

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal