Author Topic: Is this familiar?  (Read 1450 times)

Biggreen

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is this familiar?
« on: May 22, 2013, 05:46:01 PM »
Was out in the lineup with a buddy in our usual double overhead conditions (yeah..if two raccoons  were stretched out on their stomachs) and he was telling me of how in his proner days when a wave he wanted was approaching he would spin and with hands on each side of the board, he would drive the stern of his board down.  As the wave pitched up the natural buoyancy of the board would force it up and out, and off he'd go. Said it worked great.

Today we were out and in the incoming set I picked the wave I wanted as it approached. As is my routine when I drop into the trough in front of the wave I pivot around and get ready to take-off. Well when I pivoted I put my back foot a little further back (on accident because my technique is hit and mostly miss) and really buried my stern.  As the wave pitched up, and as my custom I put in one or two power strokes....well (I'm on a Coreban Vibe, corky, too corky in my opinion) as y'all can imagine, all that energy released, the power stroke dig and the stern wanting to be free...and off I went.  Unintentional, mind you, but as I shot down the face of the wave, that little light in my head came on....and I realized I was out of tequila at the house!...oh and, I thought, how cool!  I tried several more times with varying degrees of success (meaning little to none), but it was exactly what my buddy was describing, and it really was cool, except it was on a SUP.

Is this familiar to anyone else....or everyone else and I'm just behind the 8 ball as usual?  Love to hear what all have to say!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal