Author Topic: SUP Decals, Stickers and Vanity Plates.....do you share the stoke in traffic ?  (Read 21730 times)

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
So we've all seen the great car's, truck's, bikes, trailers, and some SUP well lets just call them board transport systems on the following thread :

http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php?topic=2629.msg22105#msg22105

But what about all those crazy SUP or SUS decals, stickers, and vanity plates ?

I know I'm stoked when sitting in traffic and see one...
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

paddlestandingup

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
I always look at the roof rack first, that tells a lot.  Even without a rack I look at a vehicle's roof line to see if it is a worthy SUP car or not.   :)

SteamboatBORN

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
I think stickers ruin cars, but on a Thule/Yakima Cargo box, Go to town!!!

paddlestandingup

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
As far as the vehicle in the pic, I say get rid of everything but the plate (which is cool) for a more under-stated look.  The plate and rack say all there is to say.  Okay maybe one tasteful sticker on the glass showing your favorite brand of board or paddle.  Nothing on the bumper or the body!  :-\

TN_SUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
I can't count the number of cars I've waved at before realizing they were carrying ladders on their roof.
'13 SB Sprint, '15 SIC X-14 ProLite, RH Coastal Cruiser, Think EZE Ski, Kenalu Konihi 84  & Mana

SteamboatBORN

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
All you need is a VW 21 Window Deluxe with wood slated roof rack. No stickers needed!!!

Weed

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
When I was interviewing for jobs back in the 90's I would drive to the company the day before to make sure I knew how to get there and check for a few other things. A.) Type of cars in the parking lot B.) If any of the cars had roof racks or bike racks. I wanted to see if they were the outdoorsy type.

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Easy Rider has one of my all-time favorite stickers:

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Weed, I agree, you can tell a lot about a company by their parking lot. Back when I did employment recruiting, I'd always look for companies whose parking lots were full and people had to park in the street. That told me they we expanding and need more employees. A lot of new cars ment that they pay well.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
I don't think steamboat would like my truck! My wife says it's held together with stickers. I'm of two schools in most things....either minimalist or all-in. My car has none, my truck....well.... ::)

I have multiple Easy Riders, same with Bob's Mission Surf (gotta put Bob's new West Coast sticker on too), I Blame Laird ....twice, a few Starboards, Raf's SOPOSUP, need to get a Ke Nalu...and was just made an honorary member of the West County Breakfast Club... ;D. Others too as you can see. I def have a problem.

Have to agree Steam...if that Vdub was mine it would be sticker free. My brother Dave had a 61...many great memories of that van.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 02:52:33 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

SteamboatBORN

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
I actually do like trucks with some stickers on them, but only on glass. Slightly jealous of the toyota too, I am in market for a truck right now. Trying to sell my 2007 VW GTI. Also have a mind condition 65 Bug, that will never be for sell.

Dream car is a 67 VW 23 Window Deluxe in mint condition. They are going from 50 to 70k right now fully redone.

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
Since we were among the very first on the planet to develop a standup oriented logo...one that would withstand the test of time...it definitely stokes us to see what has developed in our sport...it was called a fad...;-)
So, we tweaked our iconic logo last year for the wahines...;-)

It's also a warm fuzzy when we are driving back to the shop after a dawn patrol sesh, and see some dood go blazing by us on a motorcycle with one of our tshirts on, as we drive up the hill overlooking Rincon...who woulda thunk?...;-)

Yikes! SUZ post #1000...
Mahalos...{:~)

WARDOG ®
Owner/CEO  StandUp Paddle Sports®  &   SurfingSports®.com, Inc.

(805)962-SUPS (7877) store
(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
Standup Paddle Sports, LLC
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

kneecap

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile

In case there was any doubt.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
A van guy myself~

It takes a quiver to do that.

kayadogg

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
kneecap please tell me that's a real sticker. I need one of those.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal