Author Topic: F-One...need advice  (Read 4237 times)

sideshore

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
F-One...need advice
« on: March 05, 2013, 07:21:26 AM »
I have the F-One 14 Race and love it! Need to get a new wave board and was looking at the F-One Wave line. Really nice lineup of pure wave boards (Anakao) and fun boards/egg shapes (Manawa). I'm torn between the 9'5"x30.5" 145 liter Anakao and the 9'0"x30.5 135 liter Manawa. Has anyone ridden one or both of these? I'm 6'3" 210 lbs. Board will be used for East Coast on the faster/cleaner/hollower days as I have a 10'6" Laird Pearson Arrow for the smaller/mushier days. Any thoughts on which board to go with would be greatly appreciated. Link below to see the boards.
http://en.f-onesup.com/#/Fone-Products.htm
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 07:24:21 AM by sideshore »

supthecreek

Re: F-One...need advice
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 10:14:06 AM »
Hey sideshore
Don't know the Anakao line... I'll check them out
I do have a 9'6 Allwave - I was 250lbs when I bought it. Love it
I will be joining you at 210 pretty soon... so I am thinking 9'2 Allwave or wait till I'm sub 200 lb and go 8'10

Definitely worth a look

Plenty on the Zone... here's recent activity about the Allwave.... scroll down to see the 9'2 - 9'6 - 9'10 all next to each other...

http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php?topic=15807.0

Happy SUPing
Creek

I got a few from JimK... a site sponser.... at www.extremewindsurfing.com

sideshore

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 08:12:13 AM »
Thanks Creek. Agreed...the Fanatic AllWaves are very versatile boards and JimK is a great guy to work with. I actually rode the 8'10" out in Hunington Beach this winter and couldn't find much wrong with it. My only gripe might have been how they got that much volume into an 8'10 and it definitely is due to thickness. Most boards in the 9' range are about 4" thick whereas the 8'10" Allwave is 4.5". If I didn't already have the Pearson Arrow for the slower/smaller/mushier days, I'm sure I would have gone with the Allwave from Jim, but I'm looking for something a little more aggressive with about 135-140 liters. Hopefully something I can take to Fiji WHEN I go back!

supthecreek

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 08:21:06 AM »
Let me know what you get... I'm shrinking fast and always looking ;D

N8

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • F-One SUP
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 07:26:40 PM »
I have ridden both boards and I would definitely suggest the Anakao for bigger, faster, hollow surf due to the pulled in nose and increased rocker vs. the Manawa series which is really more of an all around, longboard style shape.
Hope that helps.
Nate Scheu
SE Sales Representative
F-One Kiteboarding
F-One Stand Up Paddle
Manera
Underwave
Ocean Glasses & Helmets
(904) 270-9294

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal