Author Topic: TimSUP in action  (Read 7939 times)

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
TimSUP in action
« on: February 24, 2013, 02:41:12 PM »
Here are a couple of shots of the TimSUP in action.  0-1 foot, high tide, cold... dodging a bunch of ripping Zoners.

Yes, you can turn on a six inch wave on a 7'3" board... and you can scooch up the nose... and throw it at the foam... and even float on the mini lips.

This was my third surf on it... nowhere NEAR dialed... just having a blast in microsurf.

Question:  How can you NOT add this board to your quiver?
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: TimSUP in action
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 02:45:33 PM »
Just fun i tell you!
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 02:53:58 PM »
Kneecap putting TimSUP through the paces.

TourmoSUPr

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 03:43:07 PM »
On one ride, I did observe 5 toes hanging off the front!!

SUPCHLU

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 04:02:04 PM »
Great pics SL, this one.....

....really puts its 7'3"s into perspective. :o

XLR8

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 04:07:25 PM »
Awesome!   Thanks for sharing.  Those look like such fun boards.
Blkbox Surf
Instagram: @greatlakespaddler

kayadogg

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 04:32:36 PM »
These pictures just confirm how awesome this board is and I've never even seen or paddled one.  Must. have. now.

I thought my former golf addiction was bad but this feels strangely similar... I can't tell you how many drivers and putters I've had in the bag over the years.

jdmotes

• JD Motes
  • Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 05:06:38 PM »
 Looks like a fun sled, Tim... Btw: If that's flat, have you got room for Deb and I to move in???    ;D     Paddle on,   JD
JD Motes/Water Bound Sports LLC
Florida; Ga; S.C; Sales Rep for:
Progressive SUP
Exocet SUP
Kona SUP
Epic Gear SUP Paddles and Accessories
Ke Nalu Precision SUP Paddles

StandinDan

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 05:36:30 PM »
Here's a trick I came up with specifically because these boards are so fast. Typically you have to shift your paddle to the back side to effect a good power turn to get back to the face after outrunning a section or just reveling in the speed . But the time it takes me to shift hands and get the paddle around was putting me behind the curve, I'm never one to plan too far ahead. So for instance,  going right with the paddle on my right, I'll slide my left hand to the middle in an overhand grip, and my right hand to the base of the paddle, then dig the handle in on my left for the power turn. Then just lead with the right hand, sliding it back to the middle and left hand to the handle for the recovery turn to the right. The handle works surprisingly well in providing drag and pivot,  and I can do the whole thing fast enough to keep up with the Simmons on a juicy day.

Boludo

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 06:49:44 PM »
SL,
You're having too much fun!  Actually we all deserve that kind of fun on waves like that.  Great pictures and nice ripping!  Looks awesome.

supthecreek

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 07:00:12 PM »
Very nice... the Simred TimSUP looks hot... and the riders are ripping it some respect.

Looks a tad warmer than our session today ;D

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 07:23:37 PM »
those are really great pictures.   you guys look like your in your forties and in pretty good  shape   what a bout  for a guy  who is in his sixties and not so good shape. say like 230  5'11"    what  should I ride  were i  to score a sim sup shape   8 x 31?    bigger?   smaller?   
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 07:31:52 PM »
Here is an idea of how the TimSUP floats me. 

When I go for a "big" board... it is pretty relative.

98 liters of pure freaking fun in a bottle.

Boludo, quite frankly, most credit goes to you... you inspired this whole journey.  Thanks for the nice words though.

Creek, yes, much like volume... cold is relative.  You would probably kill for 43 degrees and light 8 mph offshores at paddleout.  Yes some folks were really pushing the TimSUP.  I can't wait to exploure its limits.

Outside, I think 7'8" by 29.5... but PM or e-mail Corran.  He is going to be blowing up the TimSUP by about ten percent or so, and putting it into his production lineup... he will probably even have a demo board.

SL

VonR

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 07:44:16 PM »
SL,

looks like a fun board!
Aloha,
Jeff

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 07:47:36 PM »
Thanks Von... sorry you couldn't make it... another one in a month or so.

DJ, you and Deb any time... as soon as you are ready to make me a board.   ;)

SUPCHELU... you will like... you will like it slightly bigger.

And the pic of me might be when I am Corran's demo Mach 1 skinny... because everyone kept taking my TimSUP for a cruise... and it was demo day, so I couldn't refuse.

SL

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal