Author Topic: Alex Jones Vs Piers Morgan (Gun control debate)  (Read 5855 times)

SUP Viking

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Alex Jones Vs Piers Morgan (Gun control debate)
« on: January 08, 2013, 01:55:20 PM »
If you know about Alex Jones. You probably know he's well... extreme. But this was hands down the best 13 minutes of CNN broadcast history. Magical.

(Feel free to embed. I dont know how :) )

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 02:31:02 PM by Oki Surf and SUP »
"Fear of the uknown is the greatest fear of all, but we just went for it"

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Alex Jones Vs Piers Morgan (Gun control debate)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 03:26:01 PM »
I think Alex Jones is just feeling irritable because he ran out of batteries for his butt plug.

SoCalSupper

• Cortez Bank Status
  • support the HPWA!
    • View Profile
    • HPWA
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 04:49:20 PM »
i think Piers is irritable because know one gives a rats ass about his opinion or who he is.
Alex is not my cup of tea either but i cant stand Piers.
United States Air Force Para-Rescue motto "That others may live"

Kevin

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 05:44:25 PM »
i think Piers is irritable because know one gives a rats ass about his opinion or who he is.
ok

JeanG

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 05:47:32 PM »
By far the best thing ever televised on CNN.

The British accent at the end was amazing.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 05:56:28 PM by JeanG »

SUP Viking

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 07:04:16 PM »

I can appreciate what Alex is trying to do. He got a 3 segment interview on CNN which he only got 2 of them because he wouldn't answer stupid questions and crammed as much info as he could. His heart is in the right place and just want to spread what he believes to be the truth. He's sticking up for American rights and as former military i can respect that. It was reported that the producer of the Piers Morgan show was in tears as they kicked Alex out of the studio before he was able to get his third segment in. EPIC.

SUP Viking

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 07:05:02 PM »
By far the best thing ever televised on CNN.

The British accent at the end was amazing.

Haha it was pretty amazing! He knew he was about to get kicked out.

supdiscobay

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 07:46:19 PM »
Never heard of Alex Jones before, and I don;t know if his statistics were accurate, but he had plenty of them.  His english accent was the best part.  i think the ratio of Alex Jones words to Piers was probably 5,000 to 1. 
One of the most entertaining interviews ever, whether you agree or disagree.
8'5" Starboard Pocket Rocket, 8'0" Kazuma Fugu custom,  8'10" Kings Sidewinder, 10' Starboard Noserider, 14' BARK Carbon Dominator, SIC F16 V3, KeNalu and Quickblade paddles, 19' Eaton Prone, 67" Goode 9700

SUP Viking

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 08:23:12 PM »
Here is Piers after the debate acting like an innocent victim and trying to use the argument as ammunition for better gun control in America.

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 08:51:06 PM »
I don't really care about Piers one way or the other.  He is what he is, but watching Alex going off the handle was priceless.

Easy Rider

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 03:36:37 PM »
To quote Penny from Big Bang Theory "He's bat crap crazy".
Easy Rider is the name of my store in Edmonton, AB, Canada.
My name is Warren Currie . . . and we SUP Surf indoors . . . in a shopping mall!

SUP Viking

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 05:55:51 PM »
I honestly feel that Piers is bat crap crazy with this argument over Gun control.

JeanG

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 04:24:35 PM »
From WSJ:

By this week, the elites were calling for a gun-control agenda unmatched in modern times. The closing of the gun-show "loophole"? Restrictions on large-capacity clips? An "assault weapons" ban? They want all that, plus a national gun database, and a background check for every gun sale, and similar checks for ammunition sales, and regulation of Internet transactions, and Michael Bloomberg crowned emperor. (A position for which Mr. Bloomberg no doubt believes himself suited.) The media have reported all this as rational, reasonable and doable.

On the other side is the reality that any of these proposals must, in the normal course of things, pass Congress. A few quick facts about that body. 1) More than half of its members have an "A" rating from the National Rifle Association. 2) The few members today calling for gun control are the same few who have always called for gun control. 3) The House is run by Republicans.

Despite the press's exuberant efforts to cast congressional gun supporters as having changed their minds, there has been no actual movement. Senate Democrat Joe Manchin caused a media sensation when he declared, immediately after Sandy Hook, that nobody needed "30 rounds in a clip." Less reported was that it took the Democrat about the time necessary for your average West Virginian to drive to a ballot box to clarify that statement and to add that he's "so proud of the NRA." Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, even with the press's best efforts to parse his remarks, has committed himself to nothing more than a "thoughtful debate."

Montana's Jon Tester and Max Baucus, Alaska's Mark Begich, Arkansas's Mark Pryor, South Dakota's Tim Johnson, Louisiana's Mary Landrieu—all are quiet on that red-state Democratic front. North Dakota's brand new senator, Heidi Heitkamp, declared proposals mulled by the Biden task force as "way in the extreme" and "not gonna pass." Unlike Mr. Obama, all of these members still face elections.

Over in the House, when asked recently what was more likely—passage of gun control or Speaker John Boehner becoming a pagan—a senior GOP leadership aide told Buzzfeed: "Probably the latter."
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 04:29:43 PM by JeanG »

MJF

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 05:02:53 PM »
So what?

From WSJ:

By this week, the elites were calling for a gun-control agenda unmatched in modern times. The closing of the gun-show "loophole"? Restrictions on large-capacity clips? An "assault weapons" ban? They want all that, plus a national gun database, and a background check for every gun sale, and similar checks for ammunition sales, and regulation of Internet transactions, and Michael Bloomberg crowned emperor. (A position for which Mr. Bloomberg no doubt believes himself suited.) The media have reported all this as rational, reasonable and doable.

On the other side is the reality that any of these proposals must, in the normal course of things, pass Congress. A few quick facts about that body. 1) More than half of its members have an "A" rating from the National Rifle Association. 2) The few members today calling for gun control are the same few who have always called for gun control. 3) The House is run by Republicans.

Despite the press's exuberant efforts to cast congressional gun supporters as having changed their minds, there has been no actual movement. Senate Democrat Joe Manchin caused a media sensation when he declared, immediately after Sandy Hook, that nobody needed "30 rounds in a clip." Less reported was that it took the Democrat about the time necessary for your average West Virginian to drive to a ballot box to clarify that statement and to add that he's "so proud of the NRA." Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, even with the press's best efforts to parse his remarks, has committed himself to nothing more than a "thoughtful debate."

Montana's Jon Tester and Max Baucus, Alaska's Mark Begich, Arkansas's Mark Pryor, South Dakota's Tim Johnson, Louisiana's Mary Landrieu—all are quiet on that red-state Democratic front. North Dakota's brand new senator, Heidi Heitkamp, declared proposals mulled by the Biden task force as "way in the extreme" and "not gonna pass." Unlike Mr. Obama, all of these members still face elections.

Over in the House, when asked recently what was more likely—passage of gun control or Speaker John Boehner becoming a pagan—a senior GOP leadership aide told Buzzfeed: "Probably the latter."

tribalthunder

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 03:51:26 PM »
Alex was on fire and bitch slapped that British piece of S...!
9' Cannibal Tear Drop
8'11" Exocet 32" wide

* Recent Posts

post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Dusk Patrol
Today at 12:51:49 PM
post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Night Wing
Today at 06:29:07 AM
post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard