Author Topic: 9'0 Custom Lightning Bolt Rocket  (Read 2778 times)

Byronmaui

9'0 Custom Lightning Bolt Rocket
« on: August 10, 2008, 07:05:53 PM »
Aloha,

I met Mr. Lightning Bolt aka. Frank about 2 1/2 months ago and we talked about boards and designs. I really became interested in his designs when my son Noah tried his demo board and really liked it so I had Frank build it narrower and thinner. Well the results are 9'0 x 25 (That's no joke)x 4 (I think it is a little thinner). Noah rode the board today on his birthday and his only complaint was "It is soooo fast that I have to work on my reflexes because at times they are one step behind the board". Not only Noah but another friend (150 lbs +-) of ours rode the board and looked pretty good considering the waves were at most waist high. I am really impressed because this board worked well in junk surf so I can only imagine in better North shore stuff what this board will do. Thank you Frank for the wonderful board. As I am posting this Noah called and claimed he did 2 helicopters on one wave (I did get one helicopter in the vid). No video proof so it is only a rumor. He has been working on helicopters for 2 weeks and in 2 hours he is beginning to do them on this ripping board. His riding experience is a little less than a year surfing or SUP.

Hope you enjoy and remember to share the stoke.

Aloha

Byron

« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 07:12:16 PM by Byronmaui »

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 9'0 Custom Lightning Bolt Rocket
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 11:44:59 PM »
Thanks Byron...Another great vid...That last helli was a goodie.

Happy Birthday Noah.

DJ

Lightning Bolt Maui

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 12:58:45 AM »
Byron Great video and a great kid you have.

I am stoked Noah loved his new board and got to ride it on his Birthday. I was watching him all day and he was tearing it up on that board like he has been riding it for ages. Cant wait to see him ride it after he spends some time with that board. Give him some good surf and I am sure he will be the standout amongst the standup's.

I am glad we made him a board he is stoked about,sorry it took longer then expected. That board looks so sick i need to try it myself.  With the width at 25 It looks just like a performance longboard not a standup board.

I took heaps of video today, Noah is in plenty of it ripping. I think i have 1 possible 2 helicopters on his new board on tape as proof of his accomplishments.  Noah will be on the big screen in the shop Friday ripping on his new Lightning Bolt Maui standup. After I edit it I will burn it for you Byron

I look forward to seeing you and Noah in the water
Aloha
Frank

waterlogged

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • South Shore paddle POV
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 02:53:50 AM »
great vid! and the board's pretty sick too...

Paduan Sam

• Sunset Status
  • Born and Raised in da Islands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 07:16:37 AM »
Whoa Byron!  Noah's really ripping! ;D

motopilot

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 07:59:34 AM »
He is ripping!!! Great video.  Hope I can do a session with you guys this october when I come out.

Byronmaui

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 09:34:48 AM »
Thanks guys. To me what really is cool about the stand up scene on Maui is all the Lightning Bolt crew (Not necessarily team riders just friends of everyone) are soo nice to everyone inside and outside of the water and it feels like family when me and my family come to the beach. Everyone is trading boards, waves and food. If anyone does come to Maui give Frank or even the admin of this site a hookup because I guarantee you will be more than blessed on your trip here and you will meet new lifelong friends who share the same passion.
Once again thank you Frank and all your friends for your generous outpour to my family this summer in and out of the water.

Aloha

Byron

Paddle-Plappe

• Peahi Status
  • Hoe he'e nalu stoked
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 11:17:35 AM »
Really nice board! 25" wide! welldone!
I'd like to know how this board would work when you put the central fin forward.

Byronmaui

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 11:20:44 AM »
Really nice board! 25" wide! welldone!
I'd like to know how this board would work when you put the central fin forward.

Will try that this week and as a twin fin setup. I will vid and post results just for you bud. ;D

Aloha

Byron

Lightning Bolt Maui

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 07:17:09 PM »
I do have one of Noah's Helicopters on video I saw it play on the big screen in the shop today.

Its easy to show aloha to you and your family. You have a wonderful family and we enjoy you guys coming surfing with and hanging at the beach with us.

The standup community is very cool the way surfing used to be in the golden days. Where you were stoked to see another person in the water and enjoyed sharing waves with other people.  You introduce yourself and ask their name and what kid of board they are ridding.  Surfing and standup are all about sharing the waves and water with others.  Show Aloha and receive Aloha its simple.  Treat people the way you want to be treated.

I love the family vibe down at the beach. 
We are always glad to add new members to the Lighting Bolt Maui Ohana.

I will send you the clip of the helicopter to your email.
Aloha
Frank

* Recent Posts

post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 16, 2024, 12:40:25 AM
post SIC Raptor Foil and Board For Sale
[Classifieds]
addapost
April 15, 2024, 04:25:26 PM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 15, 2024, 02:40:38 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal