Author Topic: SUP Club in Calgary  (Read 10204 times)

JL Rider

• Waikiki Status
  • Ride for life!
    • View Profile
SUP Club in Calgary
« on: December 01, 2012, 01:44:49 PM »
Hi all,

Easy Rider has done an incredible job growing the SUP culture up in Edmonton and I would like to try to model his work in Calgary. I am considering starting up a SUP club to organize trips down the bow river and into the Kananaskis lakes starting in the spring.

Are there any zoners from Calgary that have similar interests? If so what would you like to see in a local SUP club?

Thanks in advance.  ;D

Ride for life!

robon

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: SUP Club in Calgary
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 04:54:55 PM »
I'm from the Calgary area and now live in BC, but it would be great if a dedicated SUP club started up in Calgary. Undercurrents in Bowness has some SUP stuff going on in the summer, so you might want to check them out. Weekday after work paddle sessions would be fun, and Chestermere lake would be a decent place for an evening paddle. Chestermere would also be a good place to have post paddle bevys and eats too.

The bow waters canoe club have a good location at the SE iirrigation canal that is fairly sheltered, and it would be good for a quick weekday paddle meet up. I checked it out when I was visiting this summer and there was a couple SUPers paddling in the canal that I had a good chat with. They also rent SUPs on the water.

I would definitely be interested in hooking up for a group paddle when I'm back in town, so hopefully a club gets started.

JL Rider

• Waikiki Status
  • Ride for life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 08:06:46 AM »
Robon,

Thanks for the feedback and info. Even if nothing gets started this year don't hesitate to reach out to me when you're back in town, I'd love to hook up and go for a paddle.

If anything starts up I'll be sure to post the details on this site.

Ride on brother!
Ride for life!

robon

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 11:11:32 AM »
Sounds good.

One thing on my bucket list is doing a SUP trip from Calgary(starting at Bearspaw) to Wyndam provincial park.  Would be a good adventure and it would be cool to make the trip with other Paddlers. I would like to check out the white water park in Calgary too. Looks like a lot of fun.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 11:14:06 AM by robon »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal