Author Topic: Nicaragua Trip Report - nov 2012 (lots of pics!)  (Read 5850 times)

Easy Rider

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Nicaragua Trip Report - nov 2012 (lots of pics!)
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2012, 10:39:19 AM »
Wow - looks great.

Nice board . . . .    ;D
Easy Rider is the name of my store in Edmonton, AB, Canada.
My name is Warren Currie . . . and we SUP Surf indoors . . . in a shopping mall!

JL Rider

• Waikiki Status
  • Ride for life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, 01:32:25 PM »
Great shots......looks like you're tearing it up out there.

I spent some time at Playa Maderas down there (the one with the fin shaped rock just outside of San Juan del Sur) and it was epic. I reinforce your sentiments that Nicaragua is one of those countries that should be visited sooner rather than later.

Reminds me of Costa 10yrs ago.

Ride on!
Ride for life!

Supmmm

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2012, 02:48:37 PM »
Not to thread jack but.....Did u ever get that 7'11" out on our lakes? How did it handle?

XLR8

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2012, 03:34:03 PM »
Not to thread jack but.....Did u ever get that 7'11" out on our lakes? How did it handle?

I'm interested in hearing about that too.
Blkbox Surf
Instagram: @greatlakespaddler

endlessfight

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 04:47:21 AM »

I'm interested in hearing about that too.

I only tried it on the lakes once about a year ago and it was on a super choppy crappy day and it was no good. i was falling off a lot. i however now use a 8'4 focus torpedo, and after the last year and getting used to these smaller boards i feel like the 7'11 would be better for the lakes then the focus is. just because the 7'11 has a rounder nose. the 8'4 is a bit thinner, and has a much narrower profile with a super thin tail and narrow nose. i feel like the starboard would be easier to ride with our conditions. i might do the switcheroo next time im down in nica. but then again i may just buy yet another board for up here haha

endlessfight

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 05:30:05 AM »
thanks again for all the comments by the way everyone! keeping me stoked. winter months are settling in so i probably will not be on the water until the end of feb...or whenever i head down south again.

let the mega surf withdrawls commence. nothing a little snowboarding, watching all the live ASP comps, and rum won't cure ;)

supthecreek

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 09:23:12 AM »
Endless
I can't believe I missed this post... great shots... nice ripping. ;D
How do you post the picture's with the story in between? That's a much more effective way to do it.... I just click additional options, and add pics, but the all pile up at the end of the post.
I like your way much better!
Secret please...... :-*

H20
thanks for the pictures as well... looks like a real laid back place.(cept for the gestapo)

endlessfight

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 09:38:14 AM »
cheers supthecreek!

what i do is upload all your images to a hosting site like imageshack or photobucket, then just paste the links to the JPG's in your message body and put the image tags around it. you do that by hitting the little button above that Inserts an Image. so it would look something like this.

Code: [Select]
start of my story...blah blah
[ img ] [url=http://www.photobucket.com/suppicture1.jpg]www.photobucket.com/suppicture1.jpg[/url] [ /img ]
rest of my story blahhhhhhh
[ img ] [url=http://www.photobucket.com/suppicture2.jpg]www.photobucket.com/suppicture2.jpg[/url] [ /img ]

(in the above example, i put an extra space between "[" and "img" so i could display the function

crtraveler

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2012, 09:40:46 AM »
Awesome pics everyone (thanks endless)...gets me stoked to get down to Costa Rica in a couple months.... ;D
Naish Mana 10' (currently water-logged in Costa Rica)
Fanatic Allwave 9'2"
Naish Glide 14'
Jamie Mitchell LK 12'6"
KeNalu Maliko + Wiki (soon)

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2012, 02:44:35 PM »
Love to see people planting the flag in new spots. And whoever took the photos did a great job.  (Random question, how long was that lens? I'm shopping for the wife so she can shoot me and the friends.)

Are there guides that you can hook up with down there or is it just be-friend a local to know where to go?

supthecreek

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 05:26:04 AM »
Thanks Endless! I'll see if I can get my posting into the modern era.

cowboy...
"for the wife so she can shoot me and the friends" ???

just make sure it doesn't look like this....
 ;D

endlessfight

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 03:59:09 PM »
Love to see people planting the flag in new spots. And whoever took the photos did a great job.  (Random question, how long was that lens? I'm shopping for the wife so she can shoot me and the friends.)

Are there guides that you can hook up with down there or is it just be-friend a local to know where to go?

haha yeah if it's not gonna be target practice, it's a 70-300 lens. just a cheaper olympus one nothing special.
as far as guides, nothing sup oriented....yet. if you want a decent board you gotta bring one. there are lots of surf camps and the main spots are all over the internet. there are a few camps and whatnot to stay that are great if you want to make sure you get waves to yourself; mainly more up north. less crowded up there... and i'm a bit of a selfish guy and hate crowds  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal