Author Topic: Lifeproof iPhone 5 case...  (Read 21039 times)

Mana Karma

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Lifeproof iPhone 5 case...
« on: November 08, 2012, 06:40:07 AM »
I am a new iPhone user and new to using this, or any, case. 

Have others experienced heavy interference when trying to use the phone with the case on?  I just picked it up yesterday, and during any call there will be a VERY loud, obnoxious, whistle.  It is unbearable.  Maybe there is something wrong with my device? the case? me? 

Wondering if others experience similar?

Also, do you tend to leave your phone in the case all the time? or only when in/on the water?

UDflyer

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Lifeproof iPhone 5 case...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 07:28:40 AM »
Phone remains in the case at all times. You dont want to keep opening it up, will damage the seal.

Maybe turn your speaker volume down a bit? I dont have any issues with my 5 lifeproof case.

Mana Karma

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 07:36:20 AM »
...so far its been unusable in my house.  Heavy interference. Loud, high-pitch whistle.  Provider is AT&T.  No metal in my body that I know of.  Not sure whether its case or phone... or both.  No issue when phone is out of case - was planning on leaving it in the case (if it works).

UDflyer

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 07:57:03 AM »
Really odd

NoSaltSuper

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 08:41:16 AM »
Weird. Maybe the case is pressing down on a button?
Try one half of the case at a time, see if that makes any difference?

Try it with the headset?
Try on speaker?

Try with charging door open and closed?
Semper Fi!

It's simple, either you get the wave or the wave gets you.

Mana Karma

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 09:56:00 AM »
horrible customer service.  they said they are not yet prepared to handle warranty claims yet, and that they will contact me when they are ready. 

i will probably just return the case and buy a different one... but that is just annoying.

UDflyer

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 10:21:27 AM »
Not sure if you were or are aware...theyre new case release has turned into a pr disaster. They promised their lifeproof customers who preordered back in sept tht they would have first dibs & will be sent a preorder link however they gave best buy first dibs before those who patiently waited. Apparently they had over 10,000 signup in a brief period. They are a very small company, their website crashed the other day and I was able to walk into best buys and buy 7 cases even before my preorder link arrived from Lifeproof.

They are so swarmed just like gopro right now keeping up with demand i can see cust service suffering bigtime.

Mana Karma

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 10:32:07 AM »
UD, I'm with you. I was one who pre-ordered... and when I couldn't get it direct I ended up going to Best Buy.

They sorta shot themselves in the foot with this one...

On the side... have you had any issues with any of your 7 cases? I think an easier fix for me is to return it to Best Buy and buy another one.  Customer service said they couldn't replace it because all their inventory is reserved for the "VIP list"

UDflyer

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 10:45:02 AM »
Yeah just return it to best buy. Theyre getting shipments in weekly of them. No issues with any of my cases (white or black). Cant believe i spent $590 on phone cases but grabved them up while i could to assist friends in getting them.

ODJ

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 05:08:20 PM »
I have a Lifeproof case for my iPhone 4s and have had zero issues with it. Best case I have ever owned, have taken a lot of underwater videos and photos when I was at Big Sur with it and think the case it worth it's weight in gold. No whistling, interference.

Mana Karma

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 05:54:28 PM »
I have seen other reviews coming out on the iPhone 5 case that have similar interference as well as the muffled sound.  Will replace it and report back.  Provider is AT&T... not sure if/why that would have any impact.

surf monkey

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 12:24:29 PM »
Mana

I wanted the lifeproof case, but they were not out when i got the Phone and my 7 year old was all over it for her games so my wife picked up the otter box (not water proof) but no issues and it seems solid with AT@t also.

Might hold off on the water proof case till the bugs are worked out.

TWsup

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 12:37:18 PM »
you should know that adding anything to your phone will effect antenna performance that is not predictable. even putting a small sticker on the phone can have consequences.
it could make your phone drain the battery because it ramps up effect to compensate loss of signal effect, thereby increasing SAR values, and eventually creating heat that will burn out your phone.
all kinds of shit can go wrong.
none of the case makers are required to test this and get approval because they are aftermarket. this is why OEM often does not offer case in kit. case FUs the performance.

Bark Competitor 12-6
Fanatic Allwave 9-2
Naish Keiki 9-0

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 12:56:14 PM »
If it makes you feel any better, I hate talking to people with Lifeproof and Otterbox cases. They sound like shit. Cases that cover the mic suck. About as rude as using the speaker phone.

UDflyer

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 01:49:31 PM »
I cant believe u guys actually use ur phone to make calls. I use my iphone for tapatalk, pandora, instagram & texting :)

No wonder I dont have the interference issues lol

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal