Author Topic: Sailing PSH 12 gun  (Read 2530 times)

Glider

Sailing PSH 12 gun
« on: June 22, 2012, 05:45:55 AM »
Finished installing a mast track in my 09 PSH 12' gun.  Maiden voyage was a success.  10 to 15 knts of wind very small smooth waves.  Used a 5.0 sail.  I picked this board out of the three I have on the advise of a fellow sailor (Mr. Greg) whose suggestion of a board with a flat rocker line was dead on.  Loads of fun and the board actually plained.
It brought back memories of my first board in the early 80's, F2 Strato 11' 3" narrow board.  Me thinks this is the new beginning (rekindling) of and old love affair.  Thanks to all who have posted about sailing these boards.  Another way to get out in the waves !

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sailing PSH 12 gun
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 06:19:50 AM »
Pics and vid please..  ;D

DJ

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 07:00:14 AM »
Photos  ;D

How did you measure the rocker? Guns usually have more rocker.

I'm enjoying sailing my Amundson, while dreaming of how I could shape my own with improvements.

Glider

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 06:59:14 PM »
No pics or video, I'm tech retired as well a really retired.  Garage mechanic is what I yam, have glassed my share of boards in my day.   Didn't measure the rocker either, just went by info i found on this site where to place the mast track.  Seems to have been accurate enough.   The Psh has the least amount of rocker of the three boards I have,  looks pretty flat when laid on the floor without the fin.   Went out again today in larger waves and had a blast until it got windy enough to use a real sail board.  I have watched your vids David, thanks for the inspiration !
New lite wind toy !

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal