Author Topic: Any tried and true electric inflators out there for ULI's?  (Read 3238 times)

Dealmaker

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Any tried and true electric inflators out there for ULI's?
« on: April 16, 2012, 08:03:26 PM »
I tried the Sea Eagle Electric Turbo Pump with Battery, but the valve adapter they provide wasn't compatible with the ULI valve. That was unfortunate as it seemed like a good product with both a turbine and a piston-pump, allowing it to reach higher pressures than the other electric pumps out there.  I wasn't a fan of the battery, though. Wish the thing just plugged into a 110V outlet.

Unfortunately I fried my right elbow inflating my two ULI's on our family  summer vacation last year. Still dealing with it and it appears that manual inflation is going to be out for good for me  :(

capobeachboy

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Any tried and true electric inflators out there for ULI's?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 09:36:51 PM »
Call the ULI HQ in Vista - 760-639-1844.  They have a Bravo electric pump that will get you to about 14 psi in 5 minutes.  They also have a new hand pump that is much, much easier to use than the older styles and packs up with your board nicely too. 
West Coast Distributor
Dolphin Surfcraft
DEEP Ocean Boards
Ambassador/team rider/rep
KeNalu Paddles

shankfoo

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • shankfoo on fb
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 10:18:45 AM »
NRS sells a bunch of different valve adaptors that you could probably clamp onto the pump hose.

These 2 look like they might fit my ULI's valve if they have the same diameter:

http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=1471.1

http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=1492.1

I also managed to get a Bravo hand pump meant for a Red iSUP to work with an ULI simply by stacking a 2nd o-ring onto to the (too-long) adapter tip.  

I like using the fatter Bravo for the initial inflation, then using the ULI pump for the last few PSI.

Another thing about the Bravo hand pump: mine whistles as I pump it.  
I hate that. *toot* *toot* *toot* *toot* *toot*
- Kevin -
| Angulo Shaka 14' | Surftech Bark Laird 14' | Coreban Alpha 12'6 | Uli 14' | Red 10'6 || QB Kanaha 100 86" |

steamroller

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 02:51:16 PM »
Call the ULI HQ in Vista - 760-639-1844.  They have a Bravo electric pump that will get you to about 14 psi in 5 minutes.  They also have a new hand pump that is much, much easier to use than the older styles and packs up with your board nicely too.  

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

hey HEy HEY!?!??!

...isnt that stuff still part of the ULIBlackWorld?!?!

...i thought it was...just like the "other kick A$$ thing" for the GLX....

i dont have one yet...only tried um out and they really work well...sooo easy...

are you surfing with us tomorrow?...supposed to be waves...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

capobeachboy

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 04:08:30 PM »
Hey Clinton - welcome back.  I was told they just haven't updated the website yet with the new pumps but they are for sale.  My neighbor bought one cause he goes to Honolulu on business a lot and loves it.  The new hand pum ;Dps are real good too and easily go over 15 psi.

Hey - we'll see you for some surf in da morning.
West Coast Distributor
Dolphin Surfcraft
DEEP Ocean Boards
Ambassador/team rider/rep
KeNalu Paddles

Dealmaker

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 09:58:42 AM »
So did the electric inflator from Uli ever come out?

I've noticed that everywhere I paddle, there seems to be dive shops nearby. I thought using a small tank with a regulator/valve gizmo with safety blow-outs to prevent overinflation would be a viable option. Anyone know of such an option that can be used with a tank?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal