Author Topic: Come on GUESTS... join us... please!  (Read 6705 times)

CVSURF

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Come on GUESTS... join us... please!
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 05:52:12 PM »
Guilty here!  I have been lurking for awhile.  Got my first SUP Sat after wanting one for awhile.  Just been paddling in San Diego Bay.  Not going on the beach side for awhile.  I have thoroughly enjoyed the topics over the last few months.  Hopefully I will have more to say in the future.

CV Surf, PM me sometime if you want to meet up for a SD Bay Paddle or open ocean paddle offshore from Coronado.

I frequently launch at Grand Caribe Park in SD Bay (http://www.portofsandiego.org/grand-caribe-shoreline-park.html) and paddle a few miles around the Cays.  I've also launched at Glorietta Bay Park for a paddle around the Coronado Bridge.

SUP surfing the beach break across the Strand is fun and pretty easy on high tide and 2-3 feet.  It would also be fun to get a adventurous SUP friend or two on board to do a weekend open ocean paddle from Coronado Beach over to Point Loma to SUP surf Ralph's on a mellow day.

MAX

That sounds great.  Let me get a little more time with the paddle then  will hit you up.  Do you cross San Diego Bay?  Seems like alot of boat traffic out there.  I went out at Glorietta Bay today.  Great weather and feeling alot more comfortable.

supchico

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 06:41:01 PM »
I'm in. I have been lurking for a year now. This site is awesome.  Bought my first sup a year and a half ago and now I have 4 boards.  This sport has it all. Great workout, out in nature and the whole family can do it together.  Going to kauai in June. Anyone have ideas on where to paddle and where to rent gear?  Thanks for any info.

supthecreek

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 05:18:38 PM »
Supchico
you might try to start a new topic under general discussion
as a heading just say Help!  Where do I rent and paddle in Kauai ?
You will get lots of help I'm sure.
It's kind of hidden in this thread.

supthecreek

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 05:59:57 PM »
Loomo
G'day
I surfed my way around the North Island for a month... New Zealand is so beautiful...
And the people were as laid back and friendly as anywhere I have been.
Went all the way around...
Ahipara Bay... what can I say... like a scene from Mad Max with surfboards
Whangamata rivermouth .... incredible waves
Ditto at Mahia Peninsula
Dirt Road adventure from Napier to Lake Taupo
Hangin' with the Surf Clubbies at Wanganui
Drive around Mt Egmont ... one of the coolest Mountains in the world.
And of course... several trips to Ragland's world class left.... and Piha

I can imagine how many paddle adventures there are in NZ... ENDLESS ;D

Post some pics... PLEASE :)

maxsonic

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 09:12:10 PM »
That sounds great.  Let me get a little more time with the paddle then  will hit you up.  Do you cross San Diego Bay?  Seems like alot of boat traffic out there.  I went out at Glorietta Bay today.  Great weather and feeling alot more comfortable.

There's not much boat traffic in the shallow Southern part of SD Bay...I've crossed the Bay from Grand Caribe Shoreline Park to Bayside Park ("J-Street") in CV and back...pretty fun and easy with little wind and a slack tide.  It's a lot more difficult going against the wind and an ebbing or flowing tide. It would be fun to try an easy "downwinder" from Grand Caribe to Glorietta Bay when we get storm clearing winds from the South - I haven't tried that yet!

shankfoo

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • shankfoo on fb
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 11:32:27 AM »
I'm in. I have been lurking for a year now. This site is awesome.  Bought my first sup a year and a half ago and now I have 4 boards.  This sport has it all. Great workout, out in nature and the whole family can do it together.  Going to kauai in June. Anyone have ideas on where to paddle and where to rent gear?  Thanks for any info.

Can't help with gear rentals, but I just wanted to say that North shore of Kaua'i is what I imagine heaven is like.   I can point back to my trip there June '06 as the exact moment when I caught the SUP bug.  Ms. Foo was driving us to Hanalei from Ke'e when we spotted someone standing on water in the middle of the bay! We just pulled over and watched him go for a while... had no idea what it was, just that it looked like it looked way more fun than sitting in a canoe. I just remember thinking "We. have. to. do. that!"
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 11:34:26 AM by shankfoo »
- Kevin -
| Angulo Shaka 14' | Surftech Bark Laird 14' | Coreban Alpha 12'6 | Uli 14' | Red 10'6 || QB Kanaha 100 86" |

supchico

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 07:49:40 PM »
Love the pic Shankfoo.  I have been to kauai before, but this will be the first trip since sup took over my life.  The north shore of Kauai is paradise.  Not much luck finding good rentals, but I will suck it up and try and have a good time.  Aloha for the pic, brings back a lot of good memories.

* Recent Posts

post Re: GPT 5, Sam Altman, What's coming
[Random]
PonoBill
March 17, 2024, 05:30:44 PM
post Re: 2024 North Mode Pro wings:
[Classifieds]
cnski
March 17, 2024, 05:09:04 PM
post Re: HOT Chicks on Stand Up Paddle Boards!
[SUP General]
burchas
March 17, 2024, 08:50:00 AM
[SUP General]
Night Wing
March 16, 2024, 07:02:05 PM
[SUP General]
blueplanetsurf
March 16, 2024, 03:28:57 PM
[Random]
LaPerouseBay
March 14, 2024, 12:38:42 PM
[Random]
LaPerouseBay
March 13, 2024, 07:59:28 PM
post Re: FS - Ocean Rodeo Glide A-Series Wings (3m/ 4m / 5m), USA
[Classifieds]
StellaBlu
March 12, 2024, 07:27:21 AM
post FS - Kalama Barracuda
[Classifieds]
VB_Foil
March 11, 2024, 05:43:58 PM
post Re: Vision Pro
[Random]
Bean
March 11, 2024, 03:46:42 PM
[Random]
PonoBill
March 09, 2024, 11:06:32 AM
post Happy International Women's Day, lady zoners!
[General Discussion]
LaPerouseBay
March 08, 2024, 07:28:47 PM
[Random]
Admin
March 08, 2024, 04:45:53 AM
[Random]
PonoBill
March 06, 2024, 11:00:24 PM