Author Topic: HOT Chicks on Stand Up Paddle Boards!  (Read 1181057 times)

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: HOT Chicks on Stand Up Paddle Boards!
« Reply #1410 on: May 24, 2016, 04:47:46 PM »
Spirit--the picture Admin posted is of a woman in a very conservative bikini on a SUP board, paddle in hand, just like you could see on any beach. I'm trying to understand how it's offensive.

You're looking at the wrong pictures. Look at the top of the previous page to see the pics Admin posted. Pretty sure the one you are referring to is the one posted by magentawave, which by the way I do not have an issue with.

Yep, wrong pictures.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: May 24, 2016, 04:58:44 PM »
I love to watch women surf. they are so different from men. Guys who are good generally strive to overpower the waves. The women who impress me the most dance with them.

I ran into Leah sitting the Gerry Lopez and his son at Sixth street in Hood River. I ignored Gerry and babbled on to Leah about how fantastic I thought she was. Made a fool of myself, but so it goes.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 05:01:51 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: May 24, 2016, 05:05:24 PM »
I love to watch women surf. they are so different from men. Guys who are good generally strive to overpower the waves. The women who impress me the most dance with them.

I ran into Leah sitting the Gerry Lopez and his son at Sixth street in Hood River. I ignored Gerry and babbled on to Leah about how fantastic I thought she was. Made a fool of myself, but so it goes.

Being light on their feet makes them such great noseriders. That's one of my favorite new videos. Thanks.
Pluto Platter: 7-10 x 29.25 x 4.25 x 114.5 liters

Chan

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: May 24, 2016, 05:08:38 PM »
Spirit--the picture Admin posted is of a woman in a very conservative bikini on a SUP board, paddle in hand, just like you could see on any beach. I'm trying to understand how it's offensive.

You're looking at the wrong pictures. Look at the top of the previous page to see the pics Admin posted. Pretty sure the one you are referring to is the one posted by magentawave, which by the way I do not have an issue with.

Yep, wrong pictures.

So as a woman, your objecting to the posting of the pictures that young women (in great shape) took of themselves, posted of themselves, and promoted, again themselves?    By doing so, asserting that they are being victimized or that they are in some way incapable of making an informed decision on the distribution and subsequent appreciation of their own provocative photos, in my mind, does not further the cause for gender equality.  It’s sexist. 
Some women enjoy looking and feeling sexy.  They like wearing sexy provocative clothing and they like being appreciated for it, by men and women alike.  I’m a fairly shy person, not something I would feel comfortable with personally, but I say good for them. 
Now, and throughout history, women suffer far greater from repression and oppression than they do from objectification.   

But I do enjoy a little perv shaming so by all means rant away.

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: May 24, 2016, 05:12:49 PM »

That's awesome----wave ballet.  Maybe we could have a "cool videos" thread so I and others can see stuff like this while not having to wade through the Hot Chicks thread?

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: May 24, 2016, 05:14:50 PM »

Yep, wrong pictures.

So as a woman, your objecting to the posting of the pictures that young women (in great shape) took of themselves, posted of themselves, and promoted, again themselves?    By doing so, asserting that they are being victimized or that they are in some way incapable of making an informed decision on the distribution and subsequent appreciation of their own provocative photos, in my mind, does not further the cause for gender equality.  It’s sexist. 
Some women enjoy looking and feeling sexy.  They like wearing sexy provocative clothing and they like being appreciated for it, by men and women alike.  I’m a fairly shy person, not something I would feel comfortable with personally, but I say good for them. 
Now, and throughout history, women suffer far greater from repression and oppression than they do from objectification.   

But I do enjoy a little perv shaming so by all means rant away.

Weren't the pictures originally posted somewhere else, and then reposted here?

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: May 24, 2016, 05:25:28 PM »
are you inferring that wasn't the intent when they stuck them on the INTERNET???
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Chan

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: May 24, 2016, 05:27:24 PM »
These are the two women who's SUP pics appeared earlier and started the great bum furor.  The two much more explicit posts are from these two women's own twitter feeds.  My Italian isn't that good but I believe Claudia Romani retweeted the photo of her bum with the caption "the best ass in Italy".   I've never been to Italy but she may be right.   Either way, its her ass to tweet how she chooses. 

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: May 24, 2016, 06:01:41 PM »

Glad to hear that, I feel so relieved. I also find A10's characterizations very convincing. If you guys were trying to convince anyone of anything you couldn't go about it more stupidly. Well, maybe you could, but there isn't much point in trying, though you probably will. It's always the same kind of tone. I'm right, you're wrong. You should do as I say. the only mature response to that is F*%k off.

Spirit, I feel a certain discontent that you started a thread asking a simple thing and a clusterf&^k broke out. Hope you stick around and find something useful here. We're not a bad sort, but it's a lot of guys.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 06:04:53 PM by PonoBill »

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #1419 on: May 25, 2016, 09:05:45 AM »
As I noted earlier, the "crotch shots" that you are referring to were posted by the subjects themselves.  They like the photos that offend you and they wanted to share them with the world. They each have hundreds of thousands of followers (most of them other women) who also like them. 

https://twitter.com/claudiaromani?lang=en
https://www.instagram.com/claudia_romani/?hl=en
https://www.instagram.com/p/9w9eibEoJE/

In regards to the "chubby" issue, we left that one (also published by the woman herself, Amy Schumer) because this is actually her issue (along with Serena Williams below).  She is putting herself forward to raise this very discussion.  We dig what they are doing there. 

In regards to the (one) nude shot that had been posted, it was removed.  That is where we have decided to draw the line.  We currently have two members that are irritated with us because we have asked them not to post nude photos of their wives.  This is not a one side issue.

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: May 25, 2016, 10:14:48 AM »
I tried to bring this thread up to my wife and explain the internet-outrage and hand-wringing, but she just didn't get it.

She said to me: "You are on an internet forum for paddle boarding? You're such a dork."

...and there you have it... the reason both: (i) HCOSUPB will likely continue and (ii) women will be relatively under represented on the site, namely, the massive occurrence of the dork gene among us men. 

RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

SUP Leave

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: May 25, 2016, 02:35:25 PM »

For just one day I want to weigh 100 lbs and be as flexible as gumby.
Make paddleboarding great again!

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: May 26, 2016, 08:10:34 AM »
here's my idea of hot

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: May 26, 2016, 02:06:03 PM »
Well, okay I guess, but TJ is married and his wife Jennifer is pretty tough. He probably shouldn't have started with his wetsuit pulled down--leading you on. I can't wait to give him some shit about this.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 02:09:11 PM by PonoBill »

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: May 26, 2016, 02:18:09 PM »
hahahaha... ROTFLMAO

I figured most would think I was referring to boards...

Put your glasses on and look again.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal