Author Topic: New Jimmy Lewis Stun Gun in 4 sizes.  (Read 16148 times)

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
New Jimmy Lewis Stun Gun in 4 sizes.
« on: March 08, 2012, 08:03:00 PM »
Stun Gun's.

9'2" X 30 1/4"
 9'7" X 31".
 8'2" X 28 3/4"
 8'7" X 29 1/2".

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Jimmy Lewis Stun Gun in 4 sizes.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 08:09:29 PM »
Nice.. Looks like Connors Starboard..  ;) .. Someone had to say it..  ;D

DJ

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 08:29:08 PM »
Nice.. Looks like Connors Starboard..  ;) .. Someone had to say it..  ;D

DJ
Maybe it is.   ;D

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 08:38:10 PM »
Looks like a space jammer  ;D  Humm quite a pickle.

JimK

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Big Guys can have fun too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 06:33:15 AM »
DJ,

And you are just the guy TO SAY IT

Boards look nice

JimK
www.extremewindsurfing.com

SUP Bali

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 03:46:13 AM »
I have an 8'7 on the way!!! Can't wait...
Bye Jankie
PS. the board Connor was using is a Baby Bomb 10'0...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 03:48:03 AM by SUP Bali »

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 11:09:00 AM »
Looks like a space jammer  ;D  Humm quite a pickle.

ummm...looks actually more like our Stoke line...;-)
9'2" x 30"...9'4" x 31"...9'6" x 30.5"...9'6" x 32"...etc...we're into our 2nd year of producing carbon SUP round pin mini-guns...

http://surfingsports.com/sups_wide_boards/album/sups_stoke_stoke_wide1.jpg
http://surfingsports.com/images/supsports_sups0.jpg

JL shapes a nice looking board, no doubt...
Mahalos...{:~)

WARDOG ®
Owner/CEO  StandUp Paddle Sports®  &   SurfingSports®.com, Inc.

(805)962-SUPS (7877) store
(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
Standup Paddle Sports, LLC
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

StuBro

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 04:21:41 PM »
That really does look like Wardog's Stoke line.  I own a Stoke 9'6" Wide and was thinking the same thing.

On another note, the Stoke really surfs like a Channel Island's Biscuit which is a little 6' short board with a pin tail, same general shape, more float in the front of the board and less rocker so that you can fly down the line.  It's really weird that my 9'6" Stoke really feels and rides like my 6'2" Biscuit.  IMHO that's a high compliment to Wardog's Stoke because I NEVER would have believed a 9'6" board could possibly surf like it does.  Still need to get it out in some overhead waves as we haven't had any since I got the board.

In SoCal I'm noticing a trend towards this sort of shape with more float, less rocker, round pin tail, quad set-up, since these boards work nearly ALL of the time, unlike those potato chip boards that work 3 days out of the year here unless you weigh 75 lbs.

soulpaddler

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 05:02:21 PM »
All of those boards look nice, but hat gloss on the last one that Wardog posted REALLY looks good.  I wonder how it would do as far as getting warm in the sun.  Throw a white deck pad on it and it would be just plain SEXY!!!!!!!

jd

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 04:46:21 AM »
That really does look like Wardog's Stoke line.

Umm, not really, but you could say that about every surfboard that has a pointy nose and round tail.  The outline of the board really is not the whole enchilada and I'm sure there are more differences if you compared the rocker, foil, rail shape and bottom contours.  But maybe Jimmy Lewis bought one and copied it.  Yeah that's it.   :P  The Jimmy Lewis plan shape looks to have more curve a narrower nose and looks a bit thinner in the nose.  But ok, looks like most every other surfboard out there.

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 07:09:53 AM »
I've sold several containers of Jimmy's standups since they came on the market back in 2006...and, we sold JL kiteboards before that...so, I'm familiar with his shapes...

http://blog.surfingsports.com/2010/05/jimmy_lewis_striker.html
http://www.surfingsports.com/labels/Jimmy%20Lewis%202010%20SUP.asp
http://www.surfingsports.com/jimmy_lewis.asp

As the post said...this is a new production shape for JL...not for us...

Even though I've ridden all shapes and styles of surfboards over the years, my surfboard quivers have primarily been comprised of round pin mini-guns of my own custom design and graphics...so, it's no surprise that my SUP line developed along those lines...not squash tails...swallow tails...big wide noserider noses...50/50 soft neutral rails...etc...
Even though I've played with a number of other design elements from my surfing experience, as well as the pool of surfboard DNA...not knocking them...I keep gravitating back to the classic look and function that I've had personal experience with for going on 4 decades...they look good and they work good...I arrived at that conclusion many years and thousands of waves ago...;-)

WARDOG ®

(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

JL USA

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 11:23:18 AM »
Wardog has made an implication that Jimmy Lewis is copying his shapes.  This thread, which started out about the JL prototype photos, seems to have turned into an ad for Wardog's boards, including links and photos.  An accusation of copying or plagiarism should not be taken lightly.  Wardog, If you truly believe that Jimmy has copied your shapes, please be clear so that he may respond accordingly.  If you have no basis for the claim, please reconsider and retract such statements.  They could be construed as accusations and start rumors which would damage Jimmy's reputation.  I promise you that Jimmy is not even aware of the shapes that you produce.

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 12:13:09 PM »
Wardog has made an implication that Jimmy Lewis is copying his shapes.  This thread, which started out about the JL prototype photos, seems to have turned into an ad for Wardog's boards, including links and photos.  An accusation of copying or plagiarism should not be taken lightly.  Wardog, If you truly believe that Jimmy has copied your shapes, please be clear so that he may respond accordingly.  If you have no basis for the claim, please reconsider and retract such statements.  They could be construed as accusations and start rumors which would damage Jimmy's reputation.  I promise you that Jimmy is not even aware of the shapes that you produce.
Sorry, I don't see anywhere that Wardog has even remotely claimed that JL copied his boards.  He just said that they look like ones that he was already making.  What do you want him to retract--his statement that they look like his boards?  They do.  That isn't an accusation that you're copying them.  

And if this had been a thread started by JL about your new boards, Wardog's photos and links could certainly be considered a hijack.  But it wasn't, plus the first few comments were about how the boards looked like some other boards, so his comments about the boards looking like his seemed relevant.  That's just the way the thread drifted...

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 12:23:36 PM »
Wardog has made an implication that Jimmy Lewis is copying his shapes.  This thread, which started out about the JL prototype photos, seems to have turned into an ad for Wardog's boards, including links and photos.  An accusation of copying or plagiarism should not be taken lightly.  Wardog, If you truly believe that Jimmy has copied your shapes, please be clear so that he may respond accordingly.  If you have no basis for the claim, please reconsider and retract such statements.  They could be construed as accusations and start rumors which would damage Jimmy's reputation.  I promise you that Jimmy is not even aware of the shapes that you produce.

First of all...who am I talking to here...Gary or Ken?

Secondly, my post was a tongue in cheek reply to Post #4...with a wink emoticon...which, if you follow this forum, is tangentially related to a blatant ripoff of the tail of my Jammer model...called the "Space Pickle"...with full page ads in the mags stating : "You've NEVER seen anything like this"...

As such, since it was a jab at a board model that I am involved with, I am free to respond as I did...it opened the door...fair game...

There will be no retraction in this posting...I said that it looks like our Stoke line in carbon that we have been producing since late 2010...I displayed graphics to show why I thought that...I wasn't the only one that thought that, sorry...read Post #8...

"That really does look like Wardog's Stoke line.  I own a Stoke 9'6" Wide and was thinking the same thing."

"Wardog, If you truly believe that Jimmy has copied your shapes, please be clear so that he may respond accordingly."

There are no accusations, implications, or rumors coming from me as you imply...that's a weak case...but, you making that statement, could damage my reputation...;-)

I have 9 round pin / pulled nose shapes in my line...I pointed out that this shape is not new for us...that's a fact...

http://blog.surfingsports.com/2011/09/supsports-new-sup-models.html

Believe me, if I believed Jimmy was copying my shapes, I would be VERY clear...;-)
I gave Jimmy credit for his shaping skills in my post...and, countless times in my shop as I sold containers of his boards over the years...

Talk to poster #10...he talked about a board being bought and copied...not me...

I responded to the comment about the shape looking "like most every other surfboard out there"...with why mine look the way they do...I've been riding this style surfboard...mini-gun...for over 30 years...my sailboards look that way, as well...only natural that the bulk of my SUP's look that way...I can't say that about other SUP brand's shapes...the bulk of them have wide noses and either squash tails, or swallows...maybe that's changing now, as I see other kite companies have similar shapes coming out...F-One...Cabrinha...

"I promise you that Jimmy is not even aware of the shapes that you produce."

Not aware?...hmmmm...why is that so?
He doesn't do the internet...or what?

Starboard was aware and liked what I was doing and introduced a board line based off of it and gave me and my shaper, Art Colyer, credit...seems like other companies are paying attention...as a designer, I try to pay attention to what is happening...couldn't do my job effectively if I lived in a bubble...
As a shop and board brand owner I have to pay attention to be able to respond to our client's questions...

My Jammer has had over 14,500 on this forum...other shapes are in the 1000's...

http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php?board=37.0

My blog gets lots more traffic than that...by orders of magnitude...not to mention over 5000 friends and fans on Facebook...and, all of those views...maybe Jimmy defriended me?...;-)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 01:22:52 PM by SUPsports »

WARDOG ®

(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

AJR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: New Jimmy Lewis Stun Gun in 4 sizes.
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 04:10:22 PM »
Wardog has made an implication that Jimmy Lewis is copying his shapes.  This thread, which started out about the JL prototype photos, seems to have turned into an ad for Wardog's boards, including links and photos.  An accusation of copying or plagiarism should not be taken lightly.  Wardog, If you truly believe that Jimmy has copied your shapes, please be clear so that he may respond accordingly.  If you have no basis for the claim, please reconsider and retract such statements.  They could be construed as accusations and start rumors which would damage Jimmy's reputation.  I promise you that Jimmy is not even aware of the shapes that you produce.

First of all...who am I talking to here...Gary or Ken?

Secondly, my post was a tongue in cheek reply to Post #4...with a wink emoticon...which, if you follow this forum, is tangentially related to a blatant ripoff of the tail of my Jammer model...called the "Space Pickle"...with full page ads in the mags stating : "You've NEVER seen anything like this"...

As such, since it was a jab at a board model that I am involved with, I am free to respond as I did...it opened the door...fair game...

There will be no retraction in this posting...I said that it looks like our Stoke line in carbon that we have been producing since late 2010...I displayed graphics to show why I thought that...I wasn't the only one that thought that, sorry...read Post #8...

"That really does look like Wardog's Stoke line.  I own a Stoke 9'6" Wide and was thinking the same thing."

"Wardog, If you truly believe that Jimmy has copied your shapes, please be clear so that he may respond accordingly."

There are no accusations, implications, or rumors coming from me as you imply...that's a weak case...but, you making that statement, could damage my reputation...;-)

I have 9 round pin / pulled nose shapes in my line...I pointed out that this shape is not new for us...that's a fact...

http://blog.surfingsports.com/2011/09/supsports-new-sup-models.html

Believe me, if I believed Jimmy was copying my shapes, I would be VERY clear...;-)
I gave Jimmy credit for his shaping skills in my post...and, countless times in my shop as I sold containers of his boards over the years...

Talk to poster #10...he talked about a board being bought and copied...not me...

I responded to the comment about the shape looking "like most every other surfboard out there"...with why mine look the way they do...I've been riding this style surfboard...mini-gun...for over 30 years...my sailboards look that way, as well...only natural that the bulk of my SUP's look that way...I can't say that about other SUP brand's shapes...the bulk of them have wide noses and either squash tails, or swallows...maybe that's changing now, as I see other kite companies have similar shapes coming out...F-One...Cabrinha...

"I promise you that Jimmy is not even aware of the shapes that you produce."

Not aware?...hmmmm...why is that so?
He doesn't do the internet...or what?

Starboard was aware and liked what I was doing and introduced a board line based off of it and gave me and my shaper, Art Colyer, credit...seems like other companies are paying attention...as a designer, I try to pay attention to what is happening...couldn't do my job effectively if I lived in a bubble...
As a shop and board brand owner I have to pay attention to be able to respond to our client's questions...

My Jammer has had over 14,500 on this forum...other shapes are in the 1000's...

http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php?board=37.0

My blog gets lots more traffic than that...by orders of magnitude...not to mention over 5000 friends and fans on Facebook...and, all of those views...maybe Jimmy defriended me?...;-)

Space Pickle!  This is all your fault!!!

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal