Author Topic: JK Surfboard  (Read 15605 times)

jkinsup

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
JK Surfboard
« on: January 31, 2012, 08:15:28 PM »
Anyone have experience with JK Surf SUPs? They seem like they are too good to be true on their package price...

http://www.jk-surfboards.com/sup_boards.php

TIA

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: JK Surfboard
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 09:00:49 PM »
JK,

These are likely bulk bought boards from a Chinese factory... they are probably okay to start on... but will have very little resale value... but at the price point at issue, can you go wrong?

You will progress out of them quickly and want to buy another board... so viewed that way, is it really a good value?

The rails are going to be grotesquely bulbous... the bottoms will be completely unrefined... the construction will probably be adequate but not entirely consistent.

My two cents... this entity is just re-selling super cheap boards with low margins... probably got some deals on containers and are blowing them out....

There you have it.

Tim
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

Ucycle

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 12:20:15 AM »
My first board is similar to those b/c i dont know better and didn't know about this forum and it was used too.  Listen to SL, get a good brand that have better resell value and construction. I will get a good used board for your first surf sup plus like everyone else, you will progress out of the bigger surf sup really fast.  it is easy to sell a good brand than a crappy brand. my first surf sup, i put a lot of dings on it due to failing and trying to learning the correct technique.  but then again maybe it is just me.
"Surfing is not fashion, it is passion... F*CK YOU surf industry!!!!" -SL

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 08:58:41 AM »
get what you can afford learn  to ride it  then keep it for a back up or friends who are learning.  kids to play with etc.  when you  are better buy what you really want.
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

berlosurf

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 12:10:41 PM »
I have one and it works great.

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 10:28:27 PM »
Anyone have experience with JK Surf SUPs? They seem like they are too good to be true on their package price...

http://www.jk-surfboards.com/sup_boards.php

TIA

Too good to be true?
Never trust your intuition...and, don't forget to "like" them on Facebook...they could use some love...last update 5 months ago...;-)

http://www.facebook.com/people/Jk-Surfboards/100000725070288?sk=wall
Mahalos...{:~)

WARDOG ®
Owner/CEO  StandUp Paddle Sports®  &   SurfingSports®.com, Inc.

(805)962-SUPS (7877) store
(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
Standup Paddle Sports, LLC
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal