Author Topic: Boardworks / Infinity Boards  (Read 14861 times)

PaddleCrazy

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Boardworks / Infinity Boards
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2012, 05:57:42 PM »
That T Patterson would be a prone stick for me. It's 8'2 x 28 1/8" x 4.13 SUP for a local SUP SoCal ripper most of us know or know of. T___Ll____y.. Mums the word......
Talk at the "Patch" is that TPat has leased the shop next to his for some e-x-p-a-n-s-i-o-n space and some room to get into the SUPs.

Supposedly been testing the SUPs for the past couple of months, but no one seems to know where (ain't no one seen 'em at dpatch)......someone even joked, "wave pool???"   ;D ;D

Oh BTW, thanks again, the shower worked wonderful yesterday......to bad the waves didn't. ;) ;D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 06:00:43 PM by PaddleCrazy »

SoCalSupper

• Cortez Bank Status
  • support the HPWA!
    • View Profile
    • HPWA
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2012, 06:18:42 PM »
That T Patterson would be a prone stick for me. It's 8'2 x 28 1/8" x 4.13 SUP for a local SUP SoCal ripper most of us know or know of. T___Ll____y.. Mums the word......
yeah i heard that too TD from a trusted source-havent seen TL on it or anything but his shortie at Creek in a long time-that kid is one talented surfer-i will say im a bit suprised that Tpat is looking into it-heard a few comments from him in years past that were definitely not SUP friendly-whatever-more talented shapers and more options-now if i could just find a wave to myself like a few years back....
United States Air Force Para-Rescue motto "That others may live"

kneecap

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Boardworks / Infinity Boards
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2012, 07:36:53 PM »
I'd be very interested in trying one of those, and the reason you haven't seen it at Dogpatch is that it probably wouldn't be that fun there unless it was real low tide with some push to it. Looks like it needs a pocket to turn in and there ain't many of those there.

As far as volume goes, probably not much less than what I ride and I'm not that small.

As for the Infinity- I switched over to sandwich McTavishes before jumping to SUP. Broke a couple, got the same model, didn't skip a beat. I kinda liked that.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Glider

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2012, 07:35:09 AM »
One would be better served evaluating a board/company be it a pop out or custom by actually using the board using it/them.   Passing judgement on a proven board company with your vast amount of presumed manufacturing knowledge is wreak less at the very least.   Why is it some feel the need to tell everyone else how to run a company , build a board and what others should should ride?  Until one has puts their money and time into establishing and running a business I ignore post by individuals passing out their free unsubscribed information.  Found the same B S in surfing and windsurfing.  After 40 + yrs of all the above I have found I can't pass judgment until I ride it.
Then again I'm a blue collar left brain in the trenches type guy.  As for Sup boards,
I'v had eight so far since the summer of 07.  Some were pop outs some were custom.  Some by big name brands and some start up companies.  Some were built will and rode well. Some feel apart.  Some I thought would ride well and didn't and some performed beyond my expectations.  Finally settled on the 3 that meet all the conditions that I go out in

Until you take some risk and put your wallet on the line, try a little less yapping !

And no I don't own any Infinity boards or am associated with them.   However I was a self employed Hvac contractor an know something about the risk of operating a business.

I own 3 boards from 3 different manufactures based on performance and durability.

SoCalSupper

• Cortez Bank Status
  • support the HPWA!
    • View Profile
    • HPWA
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2012, 08:32:45 AM »
Glider did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night! ;)
I hear you on the self-employed gig-same here-and in California-land of regulations.

kwhilden

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Sustainable Surf
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2012, 08:47:37 AM »
I saw that TPatt SUP board in his shaping room, but didn't ask about its destination. I know that one motivation at least for Timmy to get into SUP is that his wife wanted a flatwater board. I paddled it at the Mongoose Cup, and it felt fast. It was the first SUP he had shaped. I guess that guy has some deeply intuitive understanding of how surf craft move through water... or something. :)

I'm thinking about having Timmy shape a 14' flatwater board. He says that he has some good ideas on how to make it fast, and unique.

I'm very grateful that Timmy is stoked on our Waste to Waves program. He has been a tremendous help to my new NGO, and he has always had the "reuse everything" kind of attitude. Since somebody mentioned his new surf shop space... Here's two photos of the "reclaimed" checkout counter in different lifecycle stages.

Sustainable Surf

SoCalSupper

• Cortez Bank Status
  • support the HPWA!
    • View Profile
    • HPWA
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2012, 08:56:03 AM »
very cool- i hope TPat does start shaping Sups-now thats a guy that knows how to shape and could definitely make a great contribution to my quiver.
He seems to me like a guy that does what he wants and could not care less if he jumps into Sups and hears about it from the mass of angry shortboarders who worship him.
More qualified shapers shaping more awesome sups is just a win-win.

soulpaddler

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2012, 09:13:07 AM »
very cool- i hope TPat does start shaping Sups-now thats a guy that knows how to shape and could definitely make a great contribution to my quiver.
He seems to me like a guy that does what he wants and could not care less if he jumps into Sups and hears about it from the mass of angry shortboarders who worship him.

+1!!!!

Glider

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2012, 09:45:32 AM »
It wasn't me, I'm in Cambria, building a new bathroom for my 1250 sq ft mansion on the central coast.  Costly, it's the wife's Christmas gift for this year and next,  the cost of her never complaining about all the standup surfing and windsurfing I do.  Should be done by mid May.

paddle on !

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2012, 11:41:45 AM »
It wasn't me, I'm in Cambria, building a new bathroom for my 1250 sq ft mansion on the central coast.  Costly, it's the wife's Christmas gift for this year and next,  the cost of her never complaining about all the standup surfing and windsurfing I do.  Should be done by mid May.

paddle on !
Mid May!!!!!!  I hope you keep your priorities straight, serious wind starts in two weeks!
You may want to consider some fancy upgrades in that bathroom, no way is that bathroom going to be done by mid May.  ;)
It takes a quiver to do that.

Glider

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2012, 08:26:55 PM »
You know me, All work usually happens around the wind or surf !  I hope the wind starts soon !  Being retired has its perks !

sup_surf_giant

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2012, 06:27:22 PM »

Good call!
Taller than most, shorter than others.

Big Al

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2012, 02:23:18 PM »
Come on...has anybody surfed the new boardworks infinity boards - I would love to hear a review on the board????

sup_surf_giant

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2012, 02:32:17 PM »
I saw at least 3 different guys demoing the Boardworks Slater Trout boards today. They all had big smiles!
Taller than most, shorter than others.

H2Oman

• Teahupoo Status
  • supcontender
    • View Profile
    • Californiastandup.com
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2012, 04:10:55 PM »
I'm not sure what you're looking for from a demo day review, but here's my $0.02.  If you are looking at the 8.5, etc, I'm not your man. 

I rode the Trout 10x29x3 7/8 today.   Really fun ride, even though DogPatch was just that, patchy.   Got a couple nice peaks to get a reasonable feel for the board.  I would recommend it for anyone 250 (decent balance) or less looking for a performance longboard shape.   I weighed in a 247 this morning and found it floated me like my 9x29.5x4.25 Coreban Fusion.   I was very comfortable on the board.  It has less nose rocker, so I had to play around with my stance to keep the nose up without swamping the tail.   The board is more uniform in thickness than my Fusion, which carries most of the volume towards the front half of the board where you stand.   The Boardworks Trout board isn't the lightest, but I would let that steer me away from the purchase.  I'm sure I could have rode the 9' Trout okay since there was little surface bump, but its narrower and probably best suited for riders >220# (experienced).

I like the colors that the Infinity guys have going on.  Nice to see something other than wood, white and painted rails.  The guys riding the sub-9's had nothing but good things to say.  One negative - shallow handle.  Shallow handles suck.  The new Coreban Core-handles are the best thing I've ever seen and others should copy them asap if they are not patented.  Again, I would not steer away/to a board for the handle alone.

Infinity shapes are going to be solid and the boards coming from Boardworks, Naish, Coreban, Starboard, etc are pretty much going to be consistent in quality.  Find a shape you like from any of the popular manufacturers and rip on. 

board photos
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=378834475496040&set=a.135091989870291.15414.127061974006626&type=1&theater

* Recent Posts

post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Dusk Patrol
April 19, 2024, 12:51:49 PM
post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Night Wing
April 19, 2024, 06:29:07 AM
post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard