Author Topic: Wrangler soft top rack?  (Read 2018 times)

CTsupper

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Wrangler soft top rack?
« on: January 11, 2012, 02:43:46 PM »
PonoBill's photo of his red wrangler loaded with toys like a Hawaiian Santa's sleigh reminded me that I was looking into rack options for a future JK purchase.  I'm wondering what people have done while using a soft top other than a full cage.  If say I have a soft top on, and I'm traveling and want to bring my board, what to do? The easy answer is keep the top down and strap it to the roll bar, but that's just not always going to work here in New England.   I was thinking a goalpost rack in back and a lightbar up front.   I just don't like  the look of a full cage...

Enjoying the talk and stories from all of you in warm climates - even if it hasn't  been to wintery here yet.

SUP_state_of_mind

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wrangler soft top rack?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 06:20:49 AM »
Are you thinking two door or four door JK?
"Ask yourself, is the juice worth the squeeze."

CTsupper

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 09:39:24 AM »
4 door. Daily driver / only vehicle. 2 door's fun just not practical for me.

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 06:36:40 PM »
I am also on a site called jk forum on that site you can fins all kinds of answers  but  there is a combination of  a rear bracket and   a front bracket that  bolts to windshield frame that would be perfect ,  I have a four door i hard top on right now but I have a sof top for  it so  I di all the research already  try searching  racks  on that site
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

corlot

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 08:16:34 PM »
Check out Quadratec. I think they are the biggiest Jeep after-market dealer. The web page will give you lots of ideas.

With my 2010 Wrangler 2 door, I drilled into my hardtop and mounted Yakima crossbars with a Load Warrior cage on top.  This option is super secure with boards. In the summer with the hardtop off, the boards go on the roll bar. I actually prefer taking the doors and front roof sections off and leaving the back hard top on. Security and freedom!

If noise bothers you, be careful about choosing a large diameter rack. They can be really loud. The windshield bracket mount racks are also known to be loud.
Cheers and good luck

CTsupper

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 10:06:05 AM »
Good info- thanks!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal