Author Topic: New S.I.C. Bullet 12' SUP Race Board  (Read 3538 times)

SEA

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
New S.I.C. Bullet 12' SUP Race Board
« on: January 10, 2012, 06:22:39 PM »
Has anyone seen these in the water yet ?? I'm sure they are fun to do a Down wind run on ??

Here’s a short video of Mark Raaphorst and young Mo Freitas riding the S.I.C. Bullet 12′ SUP race board on some waist to chest high waves at Turtle Bay North Shore Oahu. The second clip with Mo in the video shows him catching the wave on the outside break and riding it all the way to shore. Check the time on the video and see how long he rides…pretty impressive. You can see in the video how easy the Bullet 12 catches waves and how well it can surf

Surfing the S.I.C. Bullet 12' SUP Race Board

westbeach

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: New S.I.C. Bullet 12' SUP Race Board
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 06:33:35 PM »
Why did they make the board 12' and not 12'6 if I may ask?

Flores

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 02:22:24 AM »
It is an excellent board.  Calm, flat water is not it's strength.  Open water the board excels.

Takeo

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Takeo Gyotaku - "Fish Prints With Aloha"
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 10:26:21 AM »
I got to demo the Bullet 12 and X12 yesterday in flatwater conditions.  Both boards are really nice and unique in their design.  I didn't get to scale the boards but they were super light, especially the Bullet.  It appears to have a light layup as I was able to flex areas of the nose with my thumb, but not soft to raise any concerns.  Because the Bullet is so light, it responds to every movement on the board on the water, this could be a good or bad thing, depending on the paddlers skill level.  There was no flex on the board supporting my 165lbs.  The recessed deck was very comfortable, just like other SIC boards and workmanship was superb! The new carry handle makes me wish other heavier boards had this design, I could literally hold the board out infront of me with one arm. I'd love to take this board out in rougher conditions which I believe is where it will shine. 

The X12 is a bit heavier..at least when comparing these demo models and felt a bit more stable in the flatwater...it was also clearly the faster board on the flatwater.  The recessed deck again was super confortable, running the length of the board for comfortable walking front to back and easy transitions to kick turns.  From pictures taken, it appears I was standing just a bit too far back. This board had a spitfire shaped fin but tracking was decent.  I'm guessing a bit larger fin would give even better tracking.  I'd love to see how rough this board can handle, it really felt good in the flatwater. 

I'll post some pics later! Two great boards from SIC!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal