Author Topic: 5 summer stories Friday night surf movies at Lightning Bolt Maui surf shop  (Read 7316 times)

Lightning Bolt Maui

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Surf movies playing Friday evening 7:00 At Lightning Bolt Maui Surf Shop on the big screen.
Come in and enjoy. See you there.

BYOB&BC = Bring Your Own Beverage & Beach Chair.

Lightning Bolt Maui
55 East Kaahumanu Ave
Kahului, HI 96732
808 877 3484

Poppy

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
 ;D, this has to be one if not the BEST surf movie ever made, you got to check it out.   old school  cool

noworrieshawaii

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Think a bunch of us Maui folk gonna grab some tasty vittles and beverages before the show at the quaint Main Street Bistro in Wailuku.. 6:00ish... Join the party..   ;D

Lightning Bolt Maui

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Its a old school movie but a great one and a time warp to the good old days of surfing.

Hope to see you all there tonight. Should be fun.
Aloha

noworrieshawaii

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Lots of fun.. good movie.  Tanks Frank... ;D

linter

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
not to date myself, but i saw this, through a glorious haze of pot smoke, at the convention center in OC, MD when it first came out and the crowd went wild. what a great movie!

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
i'll chime in, I saw it in santa cruz when it came out loved it then love it now have the sound track on the hard drive in my jeep and play it before I go surfing
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
How did this pop up again? the lightning bolt store moved locations and went out of business since this was last seen.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
doesn't matter the movie was epic and so fun bummer about the store though
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

Caribsurf

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
I own the DVD and CD soundtrack and never tire of watching or listening to them

..I agree it is one of the best surf movies ever made and timeless…It's entertaining beyond just the surfing

Linter, I saw it in the OC  convention center too   OC, NJ though        back in 70s
Hobie Raw 8'10"
Jimmy Lewis Kwad 8'7"
Naish Hover 95 liter 5'7"
F-One Rocket foil board 5'5" 90 liters
Fanatic Aero 1250, 1500, 1750 HA foils
CabrinhaMantis 3.5, 4m 5m. F-One Strike 7m CWC
Hobie 14' race board

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Funny look back.

Linter of course is probably StandupZone #1, or damned close. We first connected on Ponohouse, which predated the zone and almost everything else related to SUP on the web, with the exception (I think) of Wardog, who started using the web shortly after Al Gore invented it. I was a latecomer to the Zone, my brother Bob told me about it, which was weird because I knew Admin long before I logged in for the first time.

Frank Forbes is LightningBoltMaui, and I still see Frank every so often on Maui, usually at Kanaha. Not sure what he's doing these days, Lightning Bolt is gone but not forgotten.

NoWorries is Tracy Dudley. She moved to Florida. I never see Tracy because when she's on Maui I'm not. She keeps the geckos from completely taking over Ponohouse when we're in Hood River for half the year.

Not sure who Poppy is.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
i'll chime in, I saw it in santa cruz when it came out loved it then love it now have the sound track on the hard drive in my jeep and play it before I go surfing

Hey, I also saw it Santa Cruz when it premiered in 1972 OUTSIDEWAVE. It was my junior year in high school and I was on a first date with my girlfriend. She was a stone cold fox (to use the jargon of the times).

Before the movie started, I got smacked in the face with a frisbee, poked in the eye with a paper airplane, inhaled tons of second hand ganja smoke and saw two people almost doing it in the balcony.

We had a blast.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 09:00:11 PM by southwesterly »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal