Author Topic: SUP in FLA  (Read 4221 times)

Murphdawg

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
SUP in FLA
« on: May 14, 2008, 07:58:52 AM »
I'm looking to learn SUP before investing.  Anyone in FLA know of a place to take lessons?  I'm on the Gulf coast, but will travel to East Coast to learn.   

surfcal

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: SUP in FLA
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 09:00:18 AM »
If you are up in Pensacola area try The Yancey Spencer Shop, Innerflight.

dgw

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 11:08:17 AM »
Tinho at Calema (http://www.calema.com/) in Cocoa Beach gives lessons.

gjbstandup

• Sunset Status
  • SHARE THE PASSION
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 05:04:33 PM »
There are two groups that I know of that give lessons and demo's on the East Coast of Fla..
    In south Fla,     www.eastcoastpaddlesurfing.com    John and Kane do lessons and demos and have a variey of boards and SUP gear for sale.. . They are in the Palm Beach area. Great group of people and true ' Ohana' Spirit..   

In central  coastal Fla,  maui B's    www.mauib.com  Scotty B  gives lessons and has boards too.   Check them out.

If you ever travel north of Fl and your in South Carolina , Hilton Head area I do demo's and lessons too..   

Good luck and its all about having fun...
8-2 Wide Point
11-6  Starboard GO SUP

robinsmv

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 06:12:16 AM »
where exactly are you on the gulf coast? if your in the tampa bay area the surf shack on st pete beach was really cool when i wanted to get my board.  they gave me a great deal on one of their boards they had been using for demos (about a grand for an oxbow 11' with carbon fiber paddle, c4 grip, paddle guard).  just go in and ask if you can try a board out and see if you like it.  as far as lessons i dont know if they actually give formal lessons, they just kinda told me go to the water, hop on like this, and paddle switching sides occasionally.  other than that its pretty easy to pick up especially on a calm day in the gulf

paddledaddy

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 07:08:37 AM »
Andrew Hobbs offers lessons in Pinellas County you can find him at Pathway's Community Church where he is the youth pastor or through West Coast Watersports on Walsingham Road.

Yannick

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 04:05:54 PM »
keep an eye on gulfster - they have advertisers Watersports West or the Surf Shack that have done quite a few demos. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal