Author Topic: rail tape recommendations?  (Read 36838 times)

SUP Viking

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: rail tape recommendations?
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2012, 08:24:48 PM »
I just went to the local hardware store. Bought some rubber adhesive and coated the edge of my blade with it. $3 adhesive has saved most paint on my board and for sure has extended the life of my blade. Realistically, buying tape for your board is delaying the inevitable. Your board is going to get dinged either way. If its to keep the blade from scratching it up, so what? You SUP, you use the board. Show it.
"Fear of the uknown is the greatest fear of all, but we just went for it"

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2012, 09:15:09 PM »
A few weeks ago I had a cashier make a mistake on my purchase--it was minor and I was buying a lot of stuff, so I didn't say anything even though I knew she was wrong. It bugged me for about two days, until I went back with the receipt and paid the difference.  It's not just karma, stuff like that is just not good for your self respect. Take it back Leo, you don't need the rest of the tape and it will make you feel better.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SUPerLEO

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: rail tape recommendations?
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2012, 09:55:28 PM »
ahhhhh u guys got me on the guilt trip so I took it back today even though I didn't want to but it made me feel better. the  cashier was really surprised. I didn't take the receipt I just gave them back  the unopened roll they kinda didn't know what to do. we see maybe I can catch some barrels when this next swell  hits or catch this punks stealing my cans

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
8'4 Johnston
8'0 starboard tiki
8'10 hypr kinimaka

Sup-position

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2015, 06:17:52 AM »
I did a little searching and found a number of products:
•   surfco $37
•   pbs custom rail tape $30
•   rail saver pro $$$$
•   puka patch rail saver $50
•   NSI rail guards $25

Any recommendations and experience, good and bad, with any of these products would help me pick a winner.

RSPRO is the Best !

Clear $70
Graphics $74
Ralph
Sup-position
(714) 899-3020 call, Text or Message

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2015, 08:53:43 AM »
ahhhhh u guys got me on the guilt trip so I took it back today even though I didn't want to but it made me feel better. the  cashier was really surprised. I didn't take the receipt I just gave them back  the unopened roll they kinda didn't know what to do. we see maybe I can catch some barrels when this next swell  hits or catch this punks stealing my cans

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Uh..., what about the first roll?

supdiscobay

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2015, 09:04:37 AM »

Uh..., what about the first roll?
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing!
Comment Leo?
8'5" Starboard Pocket Rocket, 8'0" Kazuma Fugu custom,  8'10" Kings Sidewinder, 10' Starboard Noserider, 14' BARK Carbon Dominator, SIC F16 V3, KeNalu and Quickblade paddles, 19' Eaton Prone, 67" Goode 9700

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2015, 10:10:02 AM »
We stock the clear Rail Saver Pro (RSPRO) with easy click&buy...$65...

http://supsports.com/shop/gear/rail-saver-pro/
Mahalos...{:~)

WARDOG ®
Owner/CEO  StandUp Paddle Sports®  &   SurfingSports®.com, Inc.

(805)962-SUPS (7877) store
(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
Standup Paddle Sports, LLC
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

mdsurf

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2015, 10:27:47 AM »
Wardog why does your website say $59 for rail saver pro but when you check out it raises it to $65?  This is not including the tax or shipping, that is extra on top of the $65

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2015, 07:02:51 AM »
Could be a cache issue...we used to sell it for $59 before the US distributor went out of business...

I checked it out in a couple of browsers and the ecomm program showed $65 all the way through...which is still less than what some people charge for it...
There is no tax outside of California...and, our shipping rates are tired directly to the current Fedex shipping tables...

It's not a necessity for the rails of our boards...they don't chip up from rail strikes...but, we stock it as a service for our clients as it does work for those that need or want it...

We have had to import it directly from Spain, so the price went up...there is a fluctuating EURO/USD currency exchange rate when you do the transaction...
Wouldn't want to be paying in Canadian dollars right now...;-)

You can also buy it directly from RSPRO in Spain...depends on how fast you want it...
I'm still waiting for a GoPro mast mount that I ordered from Europe over 2 weeks ago...
Mahalos...{:~)

WARDOG ®
Owner/CEO  StandUp Paddle Sports®  &   SurfingSports®.com, Inc.

(805)962-SUPS (7877) store
(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
Standup Paddle Sports, LLC
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2015, 07:28:36 AM »
rsp is the best--no comparison with the others
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Fanman

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2015, 06:06:42 PM »
I have Rail Saver Pro currently on my boards. It does a good job protecting your board, but can be hard on your shins ankles and elbows if you are not wearing a wetsuit or shorty etc. There are some sharp edges and I have left the water 4 times now dripping blood and not even know that I was cut or bleeding. I presume it happened climbing back on the boards? That is not the best idea down here in FL or where ever? I need to take a razor blade and try and get the sharp edge off! The rails look better than my scabs  :P

krash

• Rincon Status
  • Old fugger who loves to fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2016, 03:35:42 PM »
Looking to put some Rail Tape on my touring style 12'6" SUP...
The RSPro looks like a great product, but is there a clear/clear option. Its expensive, and sure I get what I pay for, but for the price I'm don;t feel I should be held hostage and forced to advertise for them also, they should pay or sponsor me if they want the name on my board.
Old fugger who just likes to fish

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2016, 03:54:27 PM »
I think it would be silly for a brand, especially one of such a standout product not to have their name on it. Do you expect to buy a Gopro without the word Gopro on it? I have RSPro on most of my boards. The printing is pretty non-descript...variations of their logo in maybe 1" letters. Having the name on there is a small price to pay for better protection. Does your board have a logo on it? how about fins? paddle?........can't think of many products without their name on them? Companies are having a hard enough time sponsoring the top paddlers, supporting events, and what have you never mind sponsoring you or I because we they include their logo on their product.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

LeeBee

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2016, 04:20:43 PM »
I am a big RSP fan as well and use in on my surf ski as well as my SUP. When installing, be sure to wet the area so the adhesive has less adhesion and can be adjusted and bubbles squeezed out. Adding about 20% alcohol to the water helps (isopropyl alcohol, that you buy in the pharmacy). Be sure to put the tape on at 70 F. or warmer, to improve flexibility.  I also use their tape on the edges of my ski and SUP paddles.
2019 Mistral Stealth 17' 6" x 24"
2019 Mistral Interceptor 17' 6" x 24"
2017 NSP Ninja 14' x 25"
2016 JP Australia All-Around 11' 8" x 31"
Stellar S16S surf ski
Kai Barton ARES OC-1 outrigger canoe

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2016, 04:25:49 PM »
I don't like the way that RSPro rail tape chews at your paddles. It's too abrasive IMO. I'd very much like a less abrasive version.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal