Author Topic: wetsuit for bigger guys  (Read 31648 times)

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
wetsuit for bigger guys
« on: October 15, 2011, 01:04:01 PM »
does anyone know who makes wetsuits for bigger guys I don't mean tall I am 5'10 230  so I seem to fall in no man's land on most size charts. I am barrel chestted to begin with and have a big gut. so if  I find a wetsuit that fit my perimeter it is usually 4 inches to long in th elges torso and arms.
I am thinking of a custom suit but  the cost is  pretty high.
any thoughts?
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

trailertrashed

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
Re: wetsuit for bigger guys
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 01:44:03 PM »
xxls(short). don't worry, they make them.

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 01:49:32 PM »
Boz.  Look online.  You do the measurements... send them to the Boz guys... they make the suit.  VERY high quality... and not very expensive... basically like a mid-high priced regular suit.

Let me know how it goes... he used to have a fitting shop in San Diego I think.

Tim
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

judoChop!

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 01:51:52 PM »
O'neill psycho 2 comes in many sizes. I know someone about those dim's and he fits them well.

ObviousSup

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 02:27:49 PM »
I know you said wetsuit but... I am 5'9" 240 and just picked up a used OS Drysuit that is a XL because it was really cheap. I think a XXL short would have been a great fit.
http://www.ossystems.com/size.htm
The XL wetsuit I bought (again dirt cheap) is way to tight around the midsection. I think if it was the XXL I would fit in through the midsection and would most likely need the short length.

ffchadbo

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 04:20:48 PM »
check out

http://coralreefwetsuits.com/wetsuits
They are in socal
They fit me at 6'9" and 300lbs
so i'm sure they could hook u up

jeeperz

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 06:38:06 PM »
NRS Grizzly is very economical for us larger folk.  Get a farmer and a jacket and you are good to go.

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 06:59:07 PM »
Mahalo I think you just saved me some cashola
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

robcasey

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Salmon Bay Paddle
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 10:01:53 PM »
at 6-5 230lbs, i use the Xcel Infinity 4/3 xxxl.  7mm booties in 13 also by Xcel (they tend to run short). 

cheers.
Rob Casey
Salmon Bay Paddle
PSUPA
Seattle

CT SUP

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 05:06:16 PM »
NRS makes a "Grizzly" line that is sized bigger: http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product_list.asp?deptid=1147.

O'Neill and Excel both have sizes (xxl-xxxl) that may also work for you.

PauHanaTX

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 07:04:19 PM »
I'm 6', 235 lbs, big barrel chest.  I'd have to throw my vote to Excel.  Their upper end suits are sooo stretchy for a fat guy to slide into.  They feel like a toasty glove.  Buy them a little snug as once in the water they'll feel just right.

I think mine is the second style from the top end, ran about $250.  It's a front chest entry and i was a little skeptical at first about getting my ass through the small hole, thought I was gonna rip it while trying it on in the surf shop.  But now after a few years in it, it's nothing to stretch and squeeze on through.

Very toasty.

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »
I actually went with the custom fit back zip and its on order I froze my a>> off today in a leaky old spring suit

PlusForce4

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 05:28:29 AM »
Boz is good and I considered them when I was tipping at 234.  Took an Excel 5/4 and 4/3 2XLS which was still too big for my 5'6" height and trimmed the sleeves.  Then I lost 20 pounds, fit into my old suits and couldn't afford new ones.  My suggestion: Lose the weight first. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal