Author Topic: Thule 832 Surfboard Carrier  (Read 6495 times)

GlideMarko

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • my wikipedia site
Thule 832 Surfboard Carrier
« on: October 02, 2011, 01:04:38 AM »
hi there, just wanted to share my surfboard carrier which works pretty well for SUP too. The only minus was strap which comes in a package - it was too short for SUP. I think this carrier works better for longer drives on hihgway, compare to pads, because of more secured placement and rubber layer on inner rack.
here's video too: Thule 832 Surfboard Carrier Roof Racks, Roof Boxes, Cycle Carriers for Cars, Vans, SUV, 4x4
Keep SUPping wherever you are, MArko

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Thule 832 Surfboard Carrier
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 01:19:02 AM »
Very nice.. but loose those straps before you destroy that beautiful board.. Straps should be as loose as poss being just tight enough to hd the board.. You can accidentally get way too much leverage with those ratchet straps and very easily crush a rail.. These rails are just strong enough for the pressure of the water spread evenly along the whole surface and not in two small areas where the straps are.. Just one or two too many clicks and the click sound will be replace with a crunch sound.

DJ
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 01:21:20 AM by DavidJohn »

K1SUP

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Thule 832 Surfboard Carrier
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 06:09:00 AM »
I wish there were an easy way to tell how tight is just right (not tight enough to damage the board, and not too loose to possibly fly off the racks).  Coming from tying down whitewater boats for several years I think I tend to try to go too tight.  But the extra amount of length sticking out over the windshield makes me nervous at highway speeds.  So far I have not damaged a board with my straps so I guess I am not going too tight.  Having the board in a bag seems to make it easier too.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal