Stand Up Paddle > Whitewater and River SUP

Whitewater/River SUP Shoes

(1/5) > >>

Time for SUPper:
I've been watching a lot of river SUPing videos lately (horrible weather on my off days for going out on any body of water) and I've noticed a variety of shoes being worn on the rivers.  I was hoping to collect thoughts on the various types people are wearing and why they wear them.

madmax:
I wore New Balance 920 (water shoe with mesh) and Sperry booties this summer.  I kinda liked the support the shoes gave me (but the booties were warm) and they were much better to walk in.

Kayakhuasteca:
I use TEVA Gnarkosi and Keens.  I like the burley sole for walking around on shore and they are awesome when in the whitewater swim position..(which happens quite often..ha).

aaron

Time for SUPper:
Do you have any problems with board feel?  I've thought about getting some Vibram FiveFinger Flows since I really like the road feel that I get when I run with the FiveFingers.  Granted, they may not give me the rock bashing protection that I will need when I take the inevitable dip.

Kayakhuasteca:
Board feel is a lot less with shoes..I agree.  But it really doesn't take long to get used to.  I have used thin soles in the past.  My feet still took a beating. I switched to thick soles out of necessity and found that I could manage the board all the same.  Give it a week or two and you won't even notice.

Aaron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version